Strangers Give Terminally Ill Bride Her Dream Wedding
When Jen Bulik was recently diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer, doctors gave her the devastating news that she had just months to live. The 35-year-old decided she wanted to marry her longtime boyfriend, because following the diagnosis, “she wanted to focus on life.” The couple began planning a small ceremony with just a few friends and family, but when a friend posted Jen’s story on a wedding-themed Facebook page, a local wedding planner saw it, and had a different idea. She tracked down Jen’s personal Pinterest account where she had posted pictures of what her dream wedding would look like. The wedding planner then began reaching out to local wedding companies, who donated more than $50,000 worth of food and services to make her dream wedding a reality. After the story aired on a local news station, nearly 500 people donated more than $28,000 to send the couple on a honeymoon …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.
- > Top Theater Chains Cancel Showings of ‘The Interview’ After Hacker Threats
- > Video Shows Just How Much Megatron Hates Selfies