Strangers Give Terminally Ill Bride Her Dream Wedding
When Jen Bulik was recently diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer, doctors gave her the devastating news that she had just months to live. The 35-year-old decided she wanted to marry her longtime boyfriend, because following the diagnosis, “she wanted to focus on life.” The couple began planning a small ceremony with just a few friends and family, but when a friend posted Jen’s story on a wedding-themed Facebook page, a local wedding planner saw it, and had a different idea. She tracked down Jen’s personal Pinterest account where she had posted pictures of what her dream wedding would look like. The wedding planner then began reaching out to local wedding companies, who donated more than $50,000 worth of food and services to make her dream wedding a reality. After the story aired on a local news station, nearly 500 people donated more than $28,000 to send the couple on a honeymoon …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?