Strangers Give Terminally Ill Bride Her Dream Wedding
When Jen Bulik was recently diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer, doctors gave her the devastating news that she had just months to live. The 35-year-old decided she wanted to marry her longtime boyfriend, because following the diagnosis, “she wanted to focus on life.” The couple began planning a small ceremony with just a few friends and family, but when a friend posted Jen’s story on a wedding-themed Facebook page, a local wedding planner saw it, and had a different idea. She tracked down Jen’s personal Pinterest account where she had posted pictures of what her dream wedding would look like. The wedding planner then began reaching out to local wedding companies, who donated more than $50,000 worth of food and services to make her dream wedding a reality. After the story aired on a local news station, nearly 500 people donated more than $28,000 to send the couple on a honeymoon …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course