Strangers Give Terminally Ill Bride Her Dream Wedding
When Jen Bulik was recently diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer, doctors gave her the devastating news that she had just months to live. The 35-year-old decided she wanted to marry her longtime boyfriend, because following the diagnosis, “she wanted to focus on life.” The couple began planning a small ceremony with just a few friends and family, but when a friend posted Jen’s story on a wedding-themed Facebook page, a local wedding planner saw it, and had a different idea. She tracked down Jen’s personal Pinterest account where she had posted pictures of what her dream wedding would look like. The wedding planner then began reaching out to local wedding companies, who donated more than $50,000 worth of food and services to make her dream wedding a reality. After the story aired on a local news station, nearly 500 people donated more than $28,000 to send the couple on a honeymoon …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > American Student Tells Jimmy Fallon How He Stopped a Terrorist Attack on a French Train
- > Who’s Kermit the Frog’s New Girlfriend?
- > Spoon, Arcade Fire and Superchunk Talk Songwriting at SXSW
- > T-Pain’s Auto-Tune-Free National Anthem Was Incredible
- > Bill Maher and Rick Santorum Spar Over Pope’s Teaching on Climate Change