Steven Spielberg to Produce ‘Grapes of Wrath’ Remake
According to Deadline, Steven Spielberg has secured the rights to produce a new film based on the classic John Steinbeck novel, The Grapes of Wrath. The original 1940 film adaptation starring Henry Fonda won two Academy Awards and has become a classic American film. The book tells the tragic story of a family traveling westward from the Dust Bowl, across the United States in an effort to find work during the Great Depression. Next year is the 75th anniversary of the Pulitzer Prize winning novel …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course