Steven Spielberg to Produce ‘Grapes of Wrath’ Remake
According to Deadline, Steven Spielberg has secured the rights to produce a new film based on the classic John Steinbeck novel, The Grapes of Wrath. The original 1940 film adaptation starring Henry Fonda won two Academy Awards and has become a classic American film. The book tells the tragic story of a family traveling westward from the Dust Bowl, across the United States in an effort to find work during the Great Depression. Next year is the 75th anniversary of the Pulitzer Prize winning novel …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > American Student Tells Jimmy Fallon How He Stopped a Terrorist Attack on a French Train
- > Who’s Kermit the Frog’s New Girlfriend?
- > Spoon, Arcade Fire and Superchunk Talk Songwriting at SXSW
- > T-Pain’s Auto-Tune-Free National Anthem Was Incredible
- > Bill Maher and Rick Santorum Spar Over Pope’s Teaching on Climate Change