Steven Seagal Defends Our Nation’s Schools
Most people know Steven Seagal for his role as a steely-eyed defender of justice in movies like Under Siege and Above the Law. But take just one look at that ponytail, and you soon realize: Seagal means business. Now, the self-proclaimed “America’s Toughest Sheriff,” Joe Arpaio, is teaming with the action star to train an armed posse to defend Phoenix-area schools against gunmen. (And in case you’re wondering, yes, Arpaio’s “posse” of volunteers also includes ‘80s TV star Lou Ferrigno.) For some reason, local town councilmembers in Arizona, where Arpaio is a sheriff, have complained that having an aging movie star conduct bizarre training exercises with school children and armed volunteers isn’t a good idea (obviously, these critics haven’t seen The Glimmer Man). But this isn’t the first time Seagal and Arpaio have teamed up to deliver a cold dose of hard justice to the Phoenix area; in 2011, Seagal was threatened with a lawsuit after he rammed a tank into a residential home during a raid of a suspected cock-fighting ring …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?