The Starbucks Diet, Because You Can't Put a Price on Health
A Virginia woman named Christine Hall dropped 76 pounds by eating at Starbucks every day, because if you're going to lose weight, why not spend a $12.99 on a bag of apple slices or whatever? Hall's wake up call came when she found out she couldn't donate a kidney because of her weight. That inspired Hall to start thinking thin, or, at least, thinking "ubiquitous overpriced coffeeshop." The chain isn't known as a calorie counters' paradise, but Hall kept to a strict regiment of oatmeal, fruit and paninis, and now, two years later, the 5-foot-4-inch 66-year-old weighs 114 pounds, and says she feels like a teenager again. Although it's hard to imagine what teenager's salary would allow them to eat at Starbucks for three square meals a day ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?