The Starbucks Diet, Because You Can't Put a Price on Health
A Virginia woman named Christine Hall dropped 76 pounds by eating at Starbucks every day, because if you're going to lose weight, why not spend a $12.99 on a bag of apple slices or whatever? Hall's wake up call came when she found out she couldn't donate a kidney because of her weight. That inspired Hall to start thinking thin, or, at least, thinking "ubiquitous overpriced coffeeshop." The chain isn't known as a calorie counters' paradise, but Hall kept to a strict regiment of oatmeal, fruit and paninis, and now, two years later, the 5-foot-4-inch 66-year-old weighs 114 pounds, and says she feels like a teenager again. Although it's hard to imagine what teenager's salary would allow them to eat at Starbucks for three square meals a day ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’