'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Has Officially Begun Filming
Hold on to your R2D2 collectible trucker hats, Star Wars fans—because Star Wars: Episode VIII is officially underway. Episode VIII will welcome back Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis as well as some new cast including Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and newcomer Kelly Marie Tran. And, J.J. Abrams has passed the proverbial Star Wars torch on to writer and director Rian Johnson. But, if the clip released by the official Star Wars site is any indication, Johnson will bring the same feel to this film as Abrams did in The Force Awakens. But only time will tell. The film will hit theaters December 15, 2017. Only a year and 10 months. But who's counting?
Recommended For You
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President