'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Has Officially Begun Filming
Hold on to your R2D2 collectible trucker hats, Star Wars fans—because Star Wars: Episode VIII is officially underway. Episode VIII will welcome back Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis as well as some new cast including Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and newcomer Kelly Marie Tran. And, J.J. Abrams has passed the proverbial Star Wars torch on to writer and director Rian Johnson. But, if the clip released by the official Star Wars site is any indication, Johnson will bring the same feel to this film as Abrams did in The Force Awakens. But only time will tell. The film will hit theaters December 15, 2017. Only a year and 10 months. But who's counting?
Recommended For You
- > Chris Pratt Asks Twitter Followers to Pray for a Fan’s Young Son Suffering From Brain Cancer
- > Peak Summer Stargazing Season Starts Tonight
- > 'Story of God with Morgan Freeman' Gets a Season 2
- > Here’s a Look at the New Season of ‘Gilmore Girls’
- > Apple Music Will Be the Home to the ‘Carpool Karaoke' Series