Square is Teaming Up With Starbucks. Have You Thrown Away Your Wallet Yet?
The tech-money world is abuzz today with news that Starbucks (a coffee company you may be familiar with) has teamed up with Square (a mobile credit card company you will soon be very familiar with.) Basically, this means that you will soon be able to pay for your Starbucks lattes simply by using your smartphone and, eventually, through voice recognition software. Yes, the day is very, very close when you will be able to charge your credit card simply by saying your name out loud. Some people are calling it the death of money. Might want to also consider calling it "the birth of making sure your voice is very, very distinctive" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Kerry Washington on the Death of Deborah Danner: ‘We Must Continue to Affirm That #BlackLivesMatter’
- > Pentatonix’s Cover of Leonard Cohen's ‘Hallelujah’ Is Gorgeous
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting