Spotify to Unveil Streaming Video Service
According to a new report, music service Spotify will take on Netflix and HBO when it rolls out a new streaming video service. And, like the model Netflix is pioneering in an effort to compete with premium networks like HBO, Spotify will reportedly invest in its own original content.
Recently Netflix, who had previously only licensed TV shows and movies from other studios, debuted its first original series, House of Cards, made exclusively available to Netflix subscribers. In the coming months, Netflix will also debut their reboot of the series Arrested Development. Even though original programming is infamously expensive to create (Netflix reportedly invests $5 million per episode for House of Cards), Spotify has deep pockets—the company was recently valued at $3 billion …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > ISIS Is Threatening to Execute 180 Assyrian Christians
- > Watch the 'Leaked' Teaser Trailer for Netflix's 'Daredevil' Season 2
- > This Video of Apollo Space Mission Photos Is the What Your Afternoon Needs
- > Camera Obscura's Carey Lander Died Yesterday, But Not Before Raising £50k for Cancer Research
- > Here's the Trailer for the New Reality Show About Pastor Rich Wilkerson Jr.