Spotify to Unveil Streaming Video Service
According to a new report, music service Spotify will take on Netflix and HBO when it rolls out a new streaming video service. And, like the model Netflix is pioneering in an effort to compete with premium networks like HBO, Spotify will reportedly invest in its own original content.
Recently Netflix, who had previously only licensed TV shows and movies from other studios, debuted its first original series, House of Cards, made exclusively available to Netflix subscribers. In the coming months, Netflix will also debut their reboot of the series Arrested Development. Even though original programming is infamously expensive to create (Netflix reportedly invests $5 million per episode for House of Cards), Spotify has deep pockets—the company was recently valued at $3 billion …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?