Someone May Have Finally Confessed to Murder on Reddit
One of the most fascinating results of online communities like Reddit is the seeming divorce between what happens on the Internet and what the Internet often refers to as "IRL" (in real life.) The idea is that what happens on the Internet has few, if any, ramifications with what happens off the Internet. We've seen that in the Steubenville incident and any one of the many, many Twitter scandals that politicians and celebrities have fallen into.
And now we see it with Confession Bear, who redditors use as a meme to divulge such secrets as "Sometimes I buy more clothes instead of doing laundry." But one redditor identified as "Narratto" used it to confess to murdering his sister's boyfriend. The details were specific enough for get the Reddit army suspicious. They doxxed Narratto's information and sent it to the FBI, but not before Narratto sort of, kind of walked back his claim ("There is SOME truth behind it, but I'm not saying") and then deleted his account, which is the only smart online move this guy has made ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Science: People Who Are Workaholics Are More Likely to Suffer From Anxiety, Depression and ADHD
- > Did Bieber and Skrillex Steal the Riff for ‘Sorry’ From This Song?
- > New Study Finds Link Between Cellphone Radiation and Cancer in Lab Rats
- > This Video of Florence and the Machine Visiting a Hospice Patient Will Change Your Whole Day
- > Elijah Wood Clarified His Comments About 'Organized' Sexual Abuse in Hollywood