Someone May Have Finally Confessed to Murder on Reddit
One of the most fascinating results of online communities like Reddit is the seeming divorce between what happens on the Internet and what the Internet often refers to as "IRL" (in real life.) The idea is that what happens on the Internet has few, if any, ramifications with what happens off the Internet. We've seen that in the Steubenville incident and any one of the many, many Twitter scandals that politicians and celebrities have fallen into.
And now we see it with Confession Bear, who redditors use as a meme to divulge such secrets as "Sometimes I buy more clothes instead of doing laundry." But one redditor identified as "Narratto" used it to confess to murdering his sister's boyfriend. The details were specific enough for get the Reddit army suspicious. They doxxed Narratto's information and sent it to the FBI, but not before Narratto sort of, kind of walked back his claim ("There is SOME truth behind it, but I'm not saying") and then deleted his account, which is the only smart online move this guy has made ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Prosecutors in L.A. Are Now Reviewing Criminal Case Against Bill Cosy
- > An Animated Ghostbusters Movie May Also Soon Be in the Works
- > Watching Jell-O Being Smacked with a Tennis Racket in Slow Motion Is Surprisingly Satisfying
- > Report: Army Vet Shot 7 Times While Charging at Oregon Gunman
- > This Pizza Pouch Will Prevent All of Your Pizza Emergencies