Some States Sort Of Legalized Marijuana
Both Colorado and Washington voted to legalize marijuana on Tuesday, and both victories were celebrated by the people who get excited about things like marijuana legalization. The thing is, marijuana remains prohibited at a federal level, so the laws were more a symbolic gesture than actual legislation. "The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will," Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper said in a perfect statement. "This is a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don’t break out the Cheetos or goldfish too quickly" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Chris Pratt Asks Twitter Followers to Pray for a Fan’s Young Son Suffering From Brain Cancer
- > Apple Music Will Be the Home to the ‘Carpool Karaoke' Series
- > Scientists Just Figured Out How to Filter Urine Into Drinkable Water
- > ISIS Just Killed 44 Residents of a Kurdish Town in Syria
- > State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial