Some States Sort Of Legalized Marijuana
Both Colorado and Washington voted to legalize marijuana on Tuesday, and both victories were celebrated by the people who get excited about things like marijuana legalization. The thing is, marijuana remains prohibited at a federal level, so the laws were more a symbolic gesture than actual legislation. "The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will," Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper said in a perfect statement. "This is a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don’t break out the Cheetos or goldfish too quickly" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Lecrae's New Song 'The River of Jordan' Explores Losing Religion and Finding God
- > The House Voted to More Easily Allow States to Defund Planned Parenthood
- > Scientists Might Soon Be Able to Bring Back the Woolly Mammoth
- > Steve Irwin’s Son Visited ‘The Tonight Show’ and Totally Captured His Dad’s Passion
- > Survey: 76% of ‘White Evangelical Protestants’ Agree With the President’s Refugee Ban