Some States Sort Of Legalized Marijuana
Both Colorado and Washington voted to legalize marijuana on Tuesday, and both victories were celebrated by the people who get excited about things like marijuana legalization. The thing is, marijuana remains prohibited at a federal level, so the laws were more a symbolic gesture than actual legislation. "The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will," Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper said in a perfect statement. "This is a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don’t break out the Cheetos or goldfish too quickly" ...
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign