Some States Sort Of Legalized Marijuana
Both Colorado and Washington voted to legalize marijuana on Tuesday, and both victories were celebrated by the people who get excited about things like marijuana legalization. The thing is, marijuana remains prohibited at a federal level, so the laws were more a symbolic gesture than actual legislation. "The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will," Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper said in a perfect statement. "This is a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don’t break out the Cheetos or goldfish too quickly" ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity