Some States Sort Of Legalized Marijuana
Both Colorado and Washington voted to legalize marijuana on Tuesday, and both victories were celebrated by the people who get excited about things like marijuana legalization. The thing is, marijuana remains prohibited at a federal level, so the laws were more a symbolic gesture than actual legislation. "The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will," Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper said in a perfect statement. "This is a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don’t break out the Cheetos or goldfish too quickly" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal