So NBC May Not be Bringing Back "Community" After All?
Community, the much-loved but little watched sitcom that-could, has made a name for itself by being NBC's punching bag. It's been canceled, re-picked up, re-canceled and then re-picked up and bumped to television's death row (Friday night.) But now it's in a whole new arena: limbo. NBC announced yesterday that it was delaying Community's return indefinitely, for reasons that could be best described as vague.
we’ve decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold Community and Whitney from their previously announced premieres of October 19th. Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week — plus we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights
So, Community fans can rest assured, knowing their favorite show is in NBC's back pocket, and could apparently be dropped on us (or dropped altogether) at any moment. Same goes for Whitney fans. Right, Whitney fans? Hello? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > FXX Is Airing a 600-Episode Long ‘Simpsons’ Marathon in November
- > New ‘SNL’ Cast Member Just Deleted Some Old Offensive Tweets
- > Andy Mineo Releases a Music Video for Deaf Fans
- > Family of Keith Scott Releases Video of Shooting
- > Charlotte Police Refuse to Release Shooting Video, Say It’s Not ‘Definitive’