'Sleep Texting' Is Apparently a Thing Now
There's a report on CNN about the rise of "sleep texting," which is related to but not the same thing as equally real things, "sleep tweeting" and "sleep Instagramming." Evidently, more and more people are waking up to text messages they don't recall sending. As Dr. Shelby Harris, director of behavioral sleep medicine at Montefiore Medical Center in New York tells CNN, "Think about the rate at which people are texting nowadays, and most people sleep right next to (their phones), so if they wake up it's another automatic behavior. ... This is sort of a form of sleepwalking, that's kind of the way that I look at it." Yada, yada, the real treat is some of the sleep texts that CNN has dug up because if these are the kind of gems people text in their sleep, then this condition needs to become more widespread. From Twitter and Instagram:
No bounces issues with monh..., pillow helps
I legittt wish veggird were enough to fuelme
The bullet holes really look great on my teddy bear.
Concerns about that last one aside, someone should get a Tumblr of sleep texts going. It's the sort of texting you didn't know you loved ...
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign