Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
Shia LaBeouf, as we know, has had an interesting year. He's fielded plagiarism accusations, worn weird masks to premieres, done some "art" and spent a bit of time in rehab. He is also, in spite of all that, an undeniably gifted actor whose latest movie, Fury, is genuinely terrific. And now, according to Interview Magazine, he's become a Christian and he is not making any bones about what kind of Christian he is:
I became a Christian man, and not in a f***ing bulls**t way — in a very real way ...I could have just said the prayers that were on the page. But it was a real thing that really saved me. And you can’t identify unless you’re really going through it.
He went on to say that his conversion has been “a full-blown exchange of heart, a surrender of control" that he experienced while making Fury. He had conversations with co-star Brad Pitt (who was raised as a Christian) and director David Ayer (who still is one) and made his decision. “But these two diametrically opposed positions both lead to the same spot," he says. "And I really looked up to both men" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > FXX Is Airing a 600-Episode Long ‘Simpsons’ Marathon in November
- > New ‘SNL’ Cast Member Just Deleted Some Old Offensive Tweets
- > Andy Mineo Releases a Music Video for Deaf Fans
- > Family of Keith Scott Releases Video of Shooting
- > Charlotte Police Refuse to Release Shooting Video, Say It’s Not ‘Definitive’