Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
Shia LaBeouf, as we know, has had an interesting year. He's fielded plagiarism accusations, worn weird masks to premieres, done some "art" and spent a bit of time in rehab. He is also, in spite of all that, an undeniably gifted actor whose latest movie, Fury, is genuinely terrific. And now, according to Interview Magazine, he's become a Christian and he is not making any bones about what kind of Christian he is:
I became a Christian man, and not in a f***ing bulls**t way — in a very real way ...I could have just said the prayers that were on the page. But it was a real thing that really saved me. And you can’t identify unless you’re really going through it.
He went on to say that his conversion has been “a full-blown exchange of heart, a surrender of control" that he experienced while making Fury. He had conversations with co-star Brad Pitt (who was raised as a Christian) and director David Ayer (who still is one) and made his decision. “But these two diametrically opposed positions both lead to the same spot," he says. "And I really looked up to both men" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President