As Second Accuser Comes Forward, Kevin Clash Resigns From 'Sesame Street'
Kevin Clash, the puppeteer who's been doing the voice of Elmo since 1984, has resigned from Sesame Street as a second accuser has come forward accusing him of underage sexual relations. All this comes as the first accuser has retracted his initial retraction, saying he was pressured into issuing a retraction after being offered a hefty settlement. The second accuser, Cecil Singleton, says that Clash “trolled gay telephone chat line rooms to meet and have sex with underage boys” and would woo them with financial gifts and dinners. Sesame Street released this statement in response to Clash's resignation.
Sesame Workshop’s mission is to harness the educational power of media to help all children the world over reach their highest potential. Kevin Clash has helped us achieve that mission for 28 years, and none of us, especially Kevin, want anything to divert our attention from our focus on serving as a leading educational organization. Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street. This is a sad day for Sesame Street.
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > The Internet Is Loving Odell Beckham's Amazing Catch
- > Superhero-Loving Girl Is Not Impressed with Store’s Ad about ‘Gifts for Boys’
- > NFL Star Gets Emotional After Scoring Touchdown for Daughter Born Hours Before
- > Report: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Has Been Asked to Resign
- > Apple Launches New RED Campaign to Raise Money for AIDS/HIV Victims