Rosa Parks Will Be the First African-American Woman With a Statue in the Capitol
So, apparently, the capitol has erected a lot of statues of great people throughout American history. Nothing weird about that—seems like something the capitol would have, although, admittedly, it's not something we talk about much. In any case, they will be adding the first African-American woman to the collection later this year in the form of civil rights legend Rosa Parks. Statuary Hall (good name) is generally populated with two statue choices from each state, but a special act of Congress in 2005 paved the way for Ms. Parks' likeness to be included ...
Recommended For You
- > Israel Will Observe a 12-Hour Ceasefire Starting Saturday
- > Now Marvel Is Eyeing Joaquin Phoenix for Doctor Strange
- > Keith Olbermann's Takedown of the NFL's Double Standard Is a Must-Watch
- > Dad Inventor Creates a Device that Can Fill 37 Water Balloons at One Time
- > The Queen of England Photobombed Some Tourists