Rosa Parks Will Be the First African-American Woman With a Statue in the Capitol
So, apparently, the capitol has erected a lot of statues of great people throughout American history. Nothing weird about that—seems like something the capitol would have, although, admittedly, it's not something we talk about much. In any case, they will be adding the first African-American woman to the collection later this year in the form of civil rights legend Rosa Parks. Statuary Hall (good name) is generally populated with two statue choices from each state, but a special act of Congress in 2005 paved the way for Ms. Parks' likeness to be included ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Satanic Temple Brings an After-School Satan Club To Portland Elementary School
- > Here’s an Easy Way to Figure Out If You’re Registered to Vote
- > Lecrae Teamed Up with Leon Bridges on a Song for ‘Birth of a Nation’
- > An iPal Robot Has Been Developed To Take Care Of Kids And Its Pretty Creepy
- > This Insane Slackline Video Will Make You Break Out in a Cold Sweat