Rosa Parks Will Be the First African-American Woman With a Statue in the Capitol
So, apparently, the capitol has erected a lot of statues of great people throughout American history. Nothing weird about that—seems like something the capitol would have, although, admittedly, it's not something we talk about much. In any case, they will be adding the first African-American woman to the collection later this year in the form of civil rights legend Rosa Parks. Statuary Hall (good name) is generally populated with two statue choices from each state, but a special act of Congress in 2005 paved the way for Ms. Parks' likeness to be included ...
Recommended For You
- > Bryan Cranston’s Faux One Man MLB Show Will Make You Love Baseball
- > Major Companies Agree to Greenhouse Gas Cuts Equivalent to 15 Million Cars Off the Road
- > Bed, Bath and Beyond Is Lying to You
- > No, a Top ISIS Leader Has Not Converted to Christianity.
- > Meet Leonardo DiCaprio, Your New UN Ambassador of Peace.