Rolling Stone’s Boston Bomber Issue Has Sold Really Well
According to numbers from the Magazine Information Network, despite (or most likely because of) the controversy surrounding a cover photo of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the recent issue of Rolling Stone has sold extremely well: It’s doubled the newsstand sales of the average issue. Even though some retailers like CVS and Stop & Shop refused to carry it and an online boycott became popular on Facebook, the issue was a hit for Rolling Stone. As Adweek points out, the same photo was on the cover of a recent edition of The New York Times, but did not receive the same about of criticism/publicity …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Tesla Wants to Power Your Home with Batteries
- > Mike Tyson’s Crazy Old Abandoned Mansion Is Going to Become a Church
- > Here’s a Killer Song Made Entirely from Wheels and Tires
- > Viral Photo of Child ‘Surrendering’ to Telephoto Lens Shows the Reality of the Syrian Crisis
- > So, What Exactly is Tidal?