Rolling Stone’s Boston Bomber Issue Has Sold Really Well
According to numbers from the Magazine Information Network, despite (or most likely because of) the controversy surrounding a cover photo of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the recent issue of Rolling Stone has sold extremely well: It’s doubled the newsstand sales of the average issue. Even though some retailers like CVS and Stop & Shop refused to carry it and an online boycott became popular on Facebook, the issue was a hit for Rolling Stone. As Adweek points out, the same photo was on the cover of a recent edition of The New York Times, but did not receive the same about of criticism/publicity …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > An ISIS Supporter Threatened to Open Fire on a Megachurch
- > It’s Team Captain America vs. Team Iron Man in This New ‘Civil War’ Trailer
- > Kanye West on New Album: It’s Gospel with a Lot of Cursing
- > What Happens to This Prediction Linking Revival to a Panthers Super Bowl Victory?
- > Update: Wheaton College Asks for Controversial Prof's Forgiveness