Rolling Stone’s Boston Bomber Issue Has Sold Really Well
According to numbers from the Magazine Information Network, despite (or most likely because of) the controversy surrounding a cover photo of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the recent issue of Rolling Stone has sold extremely well: It’s doubled the newsstand sales of the average issue. Even though some retailers like CVS and Stop & Shop refused to carry it and an online boycott became popular on Facebook, the issue was a hit for Rolling Stone. As Adweek points out, the same photo was on the cover of a recent edition of The New York Times, but did not receive the same about of criticism/publicity …
Recommended For You
- > Noah Story Finally Getting Its Family Friendly Comedy Adaptation
- > As Ice Bucket Challenges Go, John Krasinski's Is a Good One
- > Congratulations on 150 Million Installations, YouVersion.
- > 16-Year-Old Arrested For Writing a Facebook Status About Killing a Dinosaur
- > Found Footage of Brutal Murders Sets Off International Investigation