Rolling Stone’s Boston Bomber Issue Has Sold Really Well
According to numbers from the Magazine Information Network, despite (or most likely because of) the controversy surrounding a cover photo of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the recent issue of Rolling Stone has sold extremely well: It’s doubled the newsstand sales of the average issue. Even though some retailers like CVS and Stop & Shop refused to carry it and an online boycott became popular on Facebook, the issue was a hit for Rolling Stone. As Adweek points out, the same photo was on the cover of a recent edition of The New York Times, but did not receive the same about of criticism/publicity …
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign