On Roe v. Wade's 40th Birthday, Growing Support
Tuesday marks the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, one of the nation's most momentous and divisive rulings. The ruling, which established a woman's right to an abortion, has been a lightning rod for controversy ever since. But the latest poll from Wall Street Journal/NBC News shows its support at an all-time high, with 7 in 10 Americans believing it should stand. The poll also showed support was tenuous, as nearly the same amount of Americans said there were at least some circumstances in which they don't believe abortion should be allowed (only 9 percent of respondents said abortion should be legal without any exceptions) ...
Recommended For You
- > Meet the Chestnut Praline Latte, Starbucks' First New Drink in 5 Years
- > Amy Poehler's Next Project: A Church-Themed Comedy
- > CDC Says NBC Cameraman Is Now Ebola-Free
- > Renee Zellweger Will Star in a Movie Based on a Book from ‘Heaven Is For Real’ Author
- > American Detained in North Korea for Leaving Bible at Club Has Been Freed