On Roe v. Wade's 40th Birthday, Growing Support
Tuesday marks the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, one of the nation's most momentous and divisive rulings. The ruling, which established a woman's right to an abortion, has been a lightning rod for controversy ever since. But the latest poll from Wall Street Journal/NBC News shows its support at an all-time high, with 7 in 10 Americans believing it should stand. The poll also showed support was tenuous, as nearly the same amount of Americans said there were at least some circumstances in which they don't believe abortion should be allowed (only 9 percent of respondents said abortion should be legal without any exceptions) ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.
- > Top Theater Chains Cancel Showings of ‘The Interview’ After Hacker Threats
- > Video Shows Just How Much Megatron Hates Selfies