On Roe v. Wade's 40th Birthday, Growing Support
Tuesday marks the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, one of the nation's most momentous and divisive rulings. The ruling, which established a woman's right to an abortion, has been a lightning rod for controversy ever since. But the latest poll from Wall Street Journal/NBC News shows its support at an all-time high, with 7 in 10 Americans believing it should stand. The poll also showed support was tenuous, as nearly the same amount of Americans said there were at least some circumstances in which they don't believe abortion should be allowed (only 9 percent of respondents said abortion should be legal without any exceptions) ...
Recommended For You
- > Ridley Scott Responds to the ‘Exodus’ Casting Controversy
- > André 3000 May Retire From Hip-Hop Next Year
- > ISIS Has Beheaded Another American Journalist
- > Sneezy the Squirrel Vying for Mascot Status at Penn State
- > Members of Bon Iver, The Strokes, and Arcade Fire Will Play in an Epic Charity Basketball Game