Robin Thicke Is Suing Marvin Gaye Over 'Blurred Lines' Because Why Not?
As you may know, Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" is the song of the summer, and it's about as catchy as a blatantly misogynistic ode to objectification and degradation can be (but you don't have to take our word for it.) But now it is also the point of contention for a suit that Thicke (and his "Blurred" buddies, Pharrell and T.I.) are bringing against Marvin Gaye because, uh, they're worried the Gaye family is going to sue them because the song sounds too much like Gaye's "Got to Give It Up" or something?
Basically, they've heard that the family of the late, great Marvin Gaye thinks "Blurred Lines" sounds suspiciously like some of Gaye's work, so Thicke and Co. have filed a pre-emptive countersuit (that you can file a countersuit when no suit has actually been filed is news to us, but it's a crazy world) to keep the Gaye family from filing an actual suit. And all of this is really blurring the lines over who's suing who (if you thought you were going to get out of here without a "blurred lines" jokes, you don't know us) ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial 24
- All Charges Were Dropped Against the Anti-Abortion Activists Who Filmed Themselves at Planned Parenthood874
- Why the Pro-Life Message of ‘Born This Way’ Is So Important1,715
- Christians Need to Recover the Lost Art of Patience601
- > State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial
- > All Charges Were Dropped Against the Anti-Abortion Activists Who Filmed Themselves at Planned Parenthood
- > Watch Justin Timberlake, Steph Curry and Alfonso Ribeiro Do the Carlton
- > ISIS Terrorists Murder Elderly Priest After Storming Church in France
- > ‘Left Behind’ Co-Author Tim LaHaye Has Died at the Age of 90