Robin Thicke Is Suing Marvin Gaye Over 'Blurred Lines' Because Why Not?
As you may know, Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" is the song of the summer, and it's about as catchy as a blatantly misogynistic ode to objectification and degradation can be (but you don't have to take our word for it.) But now it is also the point of contention for a suit that Thicke (and his "Blurred" buddies, Pharrell and T.I.) are bringing against Marvin Gaye because, uh, they're worried the Gaye family is going to sue them because the song sounds too much like Gaye's "Got to Give It Up" or something?
Basically, they've heard that the family of the late, great Marvin Gaye thinks "Blurred Lines" sounds suspiciously like some of Gaye's work, so Thicke and Co. have filed a pre-emptive countersuit (that you can file a countersuit when no suit has actually been filed is news to us, but it's a crazy world) to keep the Gaye family from filing an actual suit. And all of this is really blurring the lines over who's suing who (if you thought you were going to get out of here without a "blurred lines" jokes, you don't know us) ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Someone Turned ‘Stranger Things’ Into a ‘Peanuts’-Style Christmas Cartoon
- > UN Struggles to Feed Millions Starving in War-Torn Yemen
- > Indian Railways Block Porn Sites From Their Free Wi-Fi Services in Patna Station
- > 22 Children Killed in Syrian School Airstrikes
- > Selling Custom Flannel Shirts Is the Most Bon Iver Thing Bon Iver Has Ever Done