Robert Redford Might Play Oral Roberts in Upcoming Movie ‘Come Sunday’
Hollywood icon Robert Redford is reportedly in talks to portray the late evangelist Oral Roberts in an upcoming film about the pastor Carlton Pearson. In Come Sunday, Jeffrey Wright will play the Tulsa-based minister who became a lightning rod for controversy after he began to preach that there was no hell. The film is based on a profile of Pearson that aired on This American Life. Back in 2005, the radio show dedicated an entire episode to telling Pearson’s story—from how Roberts served as an early mentor and his own rise to prominence in the evangelical community, to his “revelation” about hell and the loss of his ministry. Come Sunday begins production next year ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President