Robert Redford Might Play Oral Roberts in Upcoming Movie ‘Come Sunday’
Hollywood icon Robert Redford is reportedly in talks to portray the late evangelist Oral Roberts in an upcoming film about the pastor Carlton Pearson. In Come Sunday, Jeffrey Wright will play the Tulsa-based minister who became a lightning rod for controversy after he began to preach that there was no hell. The film is based on a profile of Pearson that aired on This American Life. Back in 2005, the radio show dedicated an entire episode to telling Pearson’s story—from how Roberts served as an early mentor and his own rise to prominence in the evangelical community, to his “revelation” about hell and the loss of his ministry. Come Sunday begins production next year ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?