Robert Redford Might Play Oral Roberts in Upcoming Movie ‘Come Sunday’
Hollywood icon Robert Redford is reportedly in talks to portray the late evangelist Oral Roberts in an upcoming film about the pastor Carlton Pearson. In Come Sunday, Jeffrey Wright will play the Tulsa-based minister who became a lightning rod for controversy after he began to preach that there was no hell. The film is based on a profile of Pearson that aired on This American Life. Back in 2005, the radio show dedicated an entire episode to telling Pearson’s story—from how Roberts served as an early mentor and his own rise to prominence in the evangelical community, to his “revelation” about hell and the loss of his ministry. Come Sunday begins production next year ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Here’s the New Trailer for Oliver Stone’s Edward Snowden Movie
- > This Rideable Luggage Will Make You Want to Travel
- > EU: Turkey Cannot Undermine Human Rights in Coup Response
- > Austin Police Are Investigating the Violent Arrest of a Black Woman Last Year
- > 'Daredevil' Is Coming Back for Another a Season