Rob Bell Voices Support for Gay Marriage
While speaking at San Francisco's Grace Cathedral (the Episcopal Cathedral of the Diocese of California) this Sunday, author and pastor Rob Bell was asked about his position on gay marriage. He responded to the question directly, saying, "I am for marriage. I am for fidelity. I am for love, whether it's a man and woman, a woman and a woman, a man and a man … I think this is the world we are living in and we need to affirm people wherever they are."
Bell went on to explain some other thoughts about traditional evangelicalism and its influence on social issues: "I think we are witnessing the death of a particular subculture that doesn't work. I think there is a very narrow, politically intertwined, culturally ghettoized, Evangelical subculture that was told ‘we're gonna change the thing’ and they haven't … And we have supported policies and ways of viewing the world that are actually destructive. And we've done it in the name of God and we need to repent.” The full audio from the discussion is available here ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Investigation Discovery Just Announced a Special About Adnan Syed
- > Hear the Spoken-Word Harvard Graduation Speech Everyone Is Talking About
- > Tragedy: Migrant Death Toll Has Surpassed 1,000 in the Last Week
- > Netanyahu: Israel Is ‘Willing to Negotiate with the Arab States’ For a Two-State Solution
- > Some Zookeepers Strapped a GoPro on Top of a Cheetah, And It Turned Out Pretty Cool