Rob Bell Voices Support for Gay Marriage
While speaking at San Francisco's Grace Cathedral (the Episcopal Cathedral of the Diocese of California) this Sunday, author and pastor Rob Bell was asked about his position on gay marriage. He responded to the question directly, saying, "I am for marriage. I am for fidelity. I am for love, whether it's a man and woman, a woman and a woman, a man and a man … I think this is the world we are living in and we need to affirm people wherever they are."
Bell went on to explain some other thoughts about traditional evangelicalism and its influence on social issues: "I think we are witnessing the death of a particular subculture that doesn't work. I think there is a very narrow, politically intertwined, culturally ghettoized, Evangelical subculture that was told ‘we're gonna change the thing’ and they haven't … And we have supported policies and ways of viewing the world that are actually destructive. And we've done it in the name of God and we need to repent.” The full audio from the discussion is available here ...
Recommended For You
- > Colin Farrell (and Taylor Kitsch?) Will Star in Season 2 of ‘True Detective’
- > Rumor: Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Play Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone Movie
- > Watch the Most Inspiring Postgame Interview Ever Recorded
- > More than 300K People Marched on New York to Bring Awareness to Climate Change
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo