Rob Bell Returns to Mars Hill, Announces His New Talk Show
When Rob Bell left Mars Hill Bible Church two years ago (the church he founded and helped grow into one of the most influential churches in the country), some speculated it was because of a theological controversy caused by his book Love Wins. The author and star of the NOOMA teaching series said he was moving to L.A. to focus more on writing and developing a television show. Bell put any rumors of discord to rest when he returned to the church to preach the week’s sermon and tell the congregation about his new TV project, The Rob Bell Show. According to the Christian News Network, Bell told the church that the talk show will focus on stories of redemption:
We want to talk about the things that matter most. We want to talk about our brokenness and our struggle. We want to be inspired. We want to hear stories. I want to take elements of this, what you’re experiencing here. I want to put it all in a blender, and throw in a little Lost, maybe some TED Talk and maybe some Letterman and do something that’s never been done before.
Update: Though ABC purchased the pilot to Rob Bell's initial television show, Stronger, it is unconfirmed what network will air his talk show. His appearance at Mars Hill Bible Church took place on March 10.
Recommended For YouView More in God
- Stephen Colbert Randomly Hosted a Michigan Public Access Show This Week0
- Is Political Correctness Hurting the Church?15
- Afghan Courts Just Canceled the Death Sentences of Men Involved in the Brutal Mob Killing of a Woman2
- This Saudi Prince Has Just Pledged to Donate His $32 Billion Fortune to Charities18
- > Stephen Colbert Randomly Hosted a Michigan Public Access Show This Week
- > Afghan Courts Just Canceled the Death Sentences of Men Involved in the Brutal Mob Killing of a Woman
- > OK, So This Is the Best Image from Chris Pratt’s Raptor Pose Meme
- > Trailer: This Steve Jobs Movie Looks Intense
- > This Saudi Prince Has Just Pledged to Donate His $32 Billion Fortune to Charities