RIP, Sally Ride, the First Woman in Space
Sally Ride, the first woman to ever travel into space, died today after a 17-month battle with pancreatic cancer. A barrier-shattering physicist, she made her trip on the Space Shuttle when she was 32 years old—at the time, the youngest person to ever travel beyond earth's orbit. Later in life, she founded Sally Ride Science, an organization that encouraged children to study science and engineering ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Nachos Become a Sad Casualty of an MLB Foul Ball
- > Study: Millennials May Be the Least Religious Generation in American History
- > Google’s ‘Undo Send’ Feature Is Now Available to Everyone
- > ISIS Attacks Hotels in Baghdad and Mosques in Saudi Arabia
- > MIT’s Robo-Cheetah Now Hurdles Obstacles. Sweet Dreams.