RIP, Sally Ride, the First Woman in Space
Sally Ride, the first woman to ever travel into space, died today after a 17-month battle with pancreatic cancer. A barrier-shattering physicist, she made her trip on the Space Shuttle when she was 32 years old—at the time, the youngest person to ever travel beyond earth's orbit. Later in life, she founded Sally Ride Science, an organization that encouraged children to study science and engineering ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > A '20/20' Special Will Look at an American Hostage Captured By ISIS for Her Christian Faith
- > 28 More Companies Sign White House Pledge to Close Gender Wage Gap
- > An Artist Left a Gown in the Dead Sea and It Came Out Even More Beautiful
- > Worldwide Outrage Causes France to Overturn Burkini Ban
- > 2 Mississippi Nuns Found Dead in Their Home, Community Reacts