RIP, Sally Ride, the First Woman in Space
Sally Ride, the first woman to ever travel into space, died today after a 17-month battle with pancreatic cancer. A barrier-shattering physicist, she made her trip on the Space Shuttle when she was 32 years old—at the time, the youngest person to ever travel beyond earth's orbit. Later in life, she founded Sally Ride Science, an organization that encouraged children to study science and engineering ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President