RIP Besse Cooper, the World's Oldest Person
Besse Cooper passed peacefully in her home Wednesday at the age of 116. She was the world's oldest person. Born in 1896, Mrs. Cooper grew up in Tennessee (in a log cabin), where she worked as a schoolteacher until 1929. She's survived by her 12 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and two great-great grandchildren. When asked about the secret of her extraordinarily long life, she told reporters, "I mind by own business and I don't eat junk food" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Team Up For A New Film
- > Biebs Is Bringing Back the WWJD Bracelet
- > Just Try to Contain Your Excitement: There’s a New Album on the Way From Adele
- > Behind-the-Scenes of ‘Captive’: The Story of the ‘Purpose Driven Life’ Hostage Stand-off
- > Trippy New PSA Uses Internet Memes to Warn of the Dangers of Smoking