RIP Besse Cooper, the World's Oldest Person
Besse Cooper passed peacefully in her home Wednesday at the age of 116. She was the world's oldest person. Born in 1896, Mrs. Cooper grew up in Tennessee (in a log cabin), where she worked as a schoolteacher until 1929. She's survived by her 12 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and two great-great grandchildren. When asked about the secret of her extraordinarily long life, she told reporters, "I mind by own business and I don't eat junk food" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Report Links Earthquakes in the U.S. With Oil Drilling Practices
- > Officials Just Evacuated the Statue of Liberty
- > Disturbing Video Shows Police Shooting Unarmed Black Man
- > Terrorist Network With Links to Bin Laden Busted in Italy
- > Philly Bakery Creates Tebow Pretzel to Welcome Him to the Eagles