RIP Besse Cooper, the World's Oldest Person
Besse Cooper passed peacefully in her home Wednesday at the age of 116. She was the world's oldest person. Born in 1896, Mrs. Cooper grew up in Tennessee (in a log cabin), where she worked as a schoolteacher until 1929. She's survived by her 12 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and two great-great grandchildren. When asked about the secret of her extraordinarily long life, she told reporters, "I mind by own business and I don't eat junk food" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Diplomats Working Toward Temporary Cease-Fire in Syria
- > Here's the First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime Show 'Roadies'
- > Two Teens in Arizona Were Killed in (Yet Another) School Shooting
- > Jimmy Fallon Interviews Peyton Manning...Or Is It?
- > A 10-Year ‘Friday Night Lights’ Reunion Is in the Works