RIP Besse Cooper, the World's Oldest Person
Besse Cooper passed peacefully in her home Wednesday at the age of 116. She was the world's oldest person. Born in 1896, Mrs. Cooper grew up in Tennessee (in a log cabin), where she worked as a schoolteacher until 1929. She's survived by her 12 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and two great-great grandchildren. When asked about the secret of her extraordinarily long life, she told reporters, "I mind by own business and I don't eat junk food" ...
Recommended For You
- > Almost Half of the Syrian Population Is Now Displaced
- > Bill Murray Took Tickets at a Minor League Baseball Game This Week
- > Officials in Missouri Are Being Sued for $40 Million Following Ferguson Crackdown
- > Here’s a Look at Google’s Drone Delivery System, Project Wing
- > ‘Simpsons’ Mini-Marathons Will Be a Part of FXX’s Daily Lineup Moving Forward