RIP Besse Cooper, the World's Oldest Person
Besse Cooper passed peacefully in her home Wednesday at the age of 116. She was the world's oldest person. Born in 1896, Mrs. Cooper grew up in Tennessee (in a log cabin), where she worked as a schoolteacher until 1929. She's survived by her 12 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and two great-great grandchildren. When asked about the secret of her extraordinarily long life, she told reporters, "I mind by own business and I don't eat junk food" ...
Recommended For You
- > Meet Your New True Detectives: Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn
- > Awful People Threaten Emma Watson for Taking a Stand on Gender Equality
- > Kanye West Is Now Teaching a College Course
- > McKinney, TX Named Best Small City in America; Here Are the Other Top 50
- > Homecoming Queen Surprises Bullied Friend By Giving Her the Crown