Rick Warren 'Overwhelmed' by 'Love, Prayers, and Kind Words' Following Son’s Suicide
Pastor Rick Warren tweeted that he and his wife Kay have been overwhelmed by “love, prayers, and kind words” following the news that their 27-year-old son committed suicide this weekend. On Saturday, Warren sent a message to his Saddleback Church congregation informing them that his son Matthew had succumbed to "a momentary wave of despair." Warren said that his son “… suffered from mental illness resulting in deep depression and suicidal thoughts. Despite the best health care available, this was an illness that was never fully controlled, and the emotional pain resulted in his decision to take his life" …
Kay and I are overwhelmed by your love, prayers, and kind words. You are all encouraging our #brokenhearts.
— Rick Warren (@RickWarren) April 7, 2013
Recommended For You
- > CDC Says NBC Cameraman Is Now Ebola-Free
- > Renee Zellweger Will Star in a Movie Based on a Book from ‘Heaven Is For Real’ Author
- > American Detained in North Korea for Leaving Bible at Club Has Been Freed
- > Stairway to Prison: Did Led Zeppelin Steal Their Most Famous Song?
- > Here's Your First Look at Disney's Next Princess: Moana