Rick Warren 'Overwhelmed' by 'Love, Prayers, and Kind Words' Following Son’s Suicide
Pastor Rick Warren tweeted that he and his wife Kay have been overwhelmed by “love, prayers, and kind words” following the news that their 27-year-old son committed suicide this weekend. On Saturday, Warren sent a message to his Saddleback Church congregation informing them that his son Matthew had succumbed to "a momentary wave of despair." Warren said that his son “… suffered from mental illness resulting in deep depression and suicidal thoughts. Despite the best health care available, this was an illness that was never fully controlled, and the emotional pain resulted in his decision to take his life" …
Kay and I are overwhelmed by your love, prayers, and kind words. You are all encouraging our #brokenhearts.
— Rick Warren (@RickWarren) April 7, 2013
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Southern Baptists Urge President Obama to Act on ISIS
- > Yep. Mumford's New Album Will Be All Electric.
- > The Perfect Crime: Thief Knocks Himself Out Trying to Break Into Car
- > Icing-Filled Cap’n Crunch-Covered Donut Holes Are Being Sold at Taco Bell
- > Kanye's New Album Will Be Called ‘So Help Me God’