Rick Warren 'Overwhelmed' by 'Love, Prayers, and Kind Words' Following Son’s Suicide
Pastor Rick Warren tweeted that he and his wife Kay have been overwhelmed by “love, prayers, and kind words” following the news that their 27-year-old son committed suicide this weekend. On Saturday, Warren sent a message to his Saddleback Church congregation informing them that his son Matthew had succumbed to "a momentary wave of despair." Warren said that his son “… suffered from mental illness resulting in deep depression and suicidal thoughts. Despite the best health care available, this was an illness that was never fully controlled, and the emotional pain resulted in his decision to take his life" …
Kay and I are overwhelmed by your love, prayers, and kind words. You are all encouraging our #brokenhearts.
— Rick Warren (@RickWarren) April 7, 2013
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > The Second Season of 'Jessica Jones' Will Only Have Women Directors
- > An American Missionary Was Kidnapped in Niger Earlier This Month
- > Adnan Syed Could Soon Be Freed on Bail
- > Mel Gibson Tells Joel Osteen that His ‘Passion’ Follow-up Will Be Surprising on a ‘Theological Level’
- > You Can Actually Tell When Your Friends Are Fake Laughing at Your Jokes, Because Science