Rick Warren 'Overwhelmed' by 'Love, Prayers, and Kind Words' Following Son’s Suicide
Pastor Rick Warren tweeted that he and his wife Kay have been overwhelmed by “love, prayers, and kind words” following the news that their 27-year-old son committed suicide this weekend. On Saturday, Warren sent a message to his Saddleback Church congregation informing them that his son Matthew had succumbed to "a momentary wave of despair." Warren said that his son “… suffered from mental illness resulting in deep depression and suicidal thoughts. Despite the best health care available, this was an illness that was never fully controlled, and the emotional pain resulted in his decision to take his life" …
Kay and I are overwhelmed by your love, prayers, and kind words. You are all encouraging our #brokenhearts.
— Rick Warren (@RickWarren) April 7, 2013
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Nachos Become a Sad Casualty of an MLB Foul Ball
- > Study: Millennials May Be the Least Religious Generation in American History
- > Google’s ‘Undo Send’ Feature Is Now Available to Everyone
- > ISIS Attacks Hotels in Baghdad and Mosques in Saudi Arabia
- > MIT’s Robo-Cheetah Now Hurdles Obstacles. Sweet Dreams.