Rick and Kay Warren Open Up Following the Death of Their Son
For the first time since their son Matthew's suicide in April, Saddleback Church pastor and best-selling author Rick Warren and his wife Kay have sat down for an extended interview. During their talk with CNN’s Piers Morgan (which aired last night), Rick Warren said, "I have cried every single day since Matthew died. But that—that's actually a good thing. Grief is a good thing. It's the way we get through the transitions of life." Rick and Kay Warren say that they hope to raise awareness and start a dialogue that may help others who are dealing with mental illness and depression.
The couple also talked about forgiving the person who supplied their son with the illegally-obtained firearm he used to take his own life. “One of the hard things was forgiving the person who sold him the gun,” Rick said. But, they said their faith in Christ and his example of forgiveness helped them to forgive. Kay said that despite the tragedy, they still have a message of God's hope for others dealing with unimaginable loss. Kay said, “There’s hope. It’s so important that people know, no matter how desperate their despair, there is hope, and not to give up” …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’