This Richard Dawkins Speech Is Impossible to Describe
Richard Dawkins, as you may know, is one of the world's most famous atheists. He's also credited with coining the term "meme," in his landmark 1976 work The Selfish Gene. He also gave this talk at Cannes, and it's, well, uh, it's a little difficult to describe. The first five minutes are pretty standard, interesting fare. The last four minutes or so are somewhat less standard, but definitely very interesting, and relatively impossible to explain. Make your own analysis ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President