Richard Dawkins Loses Religious Debate
Richard Dawkins—probably the world's most prominent atheist—went head-to-head with the former Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams, to debate the statement: "Religion has no place in the 21st century." Sure, Richard Dawkins. For someone who's so blazingly intelligent, he sure chooses some strange hills to die on. Never one to back down from a challenge, that Richard Dawkins. He took on Williams, and the entire, very interesting debate is on YouTube. A vote taken at the conclusion of the debate ruled overwhelmingly in Williams' favor, with 324 votes disagreeing with the original statement to 136 agreeing. Dawkins' primary argument against religion was its veracity, saying, "It is a betrayal of the intellect, a betrayal of all that's best about what makes us human." Charming sentiments. Check out the whole thing here ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Study: 95% of State and Local Prosecutors Are White
- > Japan and the U.S. Are Going to Face Off in a Robot Battle
- > Cosby Admits to Acquiring Sedatives with the Intention of Drugging a Woman for Sex
- > Evidently, Piloting a Lawn Chair with Dozens of Helium Balloons Is Now Illegal in Canada
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters