Richard Dawkins Loses Religious Debate
Richard Dawkins—probably the world's most prominent atheist—went head-to-head with the former Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams, to debate the statement: "Religion has no place in the 21st century." Sure, Richard Dawkins. For someone who's so blazingly intelligent, he sure chooses some strange hills to die on. Never one to back down from a challenge, that Richard Dawkins. He took on Williams, and the entire, very interesting debate is on YouTube. A vote taken at the conclusion of the debate ruled overwhelmingly in Williams' favor, with 324 votes disagreeing with the original statement to 136 agreeing. Dawkins' primary argument against religion was its veracity, saying, "It is a betrayal of the intellect, a betrayal of all that's best about what makes us human." Charming sentiments. Check out the whole thing here ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- South Carolina Just Banned (Almost) All Abortions After 20 Weeks 267
- Again, a Trump Rally Turned Into a 'Riot'50
- 'Master of None' Won a Peabody Award and Aziz Ansari Used the Opportunity to Call Out Hollywood's Diversity Problem213
- The Surprising New Findings that Could Re-Shape the Pro-Life Movement352
- > South Carolina Just Banned (Almost) All Abortions After 20 Weeks
- > Again, a Trump Rally Turned Into a 'Riot'
- > 'Master of None' Won a Peabody Award and Aziz Ansari Used the Opportunity to Call Out Hollywood's Diversity Problem
- > This Simple Video Is a Surprisingly Powerful Look at the European Refugee Crisis
- > Playing God? Scientists Begin Building Human-Animal Hybrid Embryos