Richard Dawkins Loses Religious Debate
Richard Dawkins—probably the world's most prominent atheist—went head-to-head with the former Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams, to debate the statement: "Religion has no place in the 21st century." Sure, Richard Dawkins. For someone who's so blazingly intelligent, he sure chooses some strange hills to die on. Never one to back down from a challenge, that Richard Dawkins. He took on Williams, and the entire, very interesting debate is on YouTube. A vote taken at the conclusion of the debate ruled overwhelmingly in Williams' favor, with 324 votes disagreeing with the original statement to 136 agreeing. Dawkins' primary argument against religion was its veracity, saying, "It is a betrayal of the intellect, a betrayal of all that's best about what makes us human." Charming sentiments. Check out the whole thing here ...
Recommended For You
- > Hear a Decade of Pop Music's 'Whoa-oo-oh'-ing Ways.
- > This Girl Didn't Choose the Thug Life, the Thug Life Chose Her.
- > Ewan McGregor Doesn’t Think His New Jesus Movie Will Cause Religious Controversy
- > Here Are Pandora’s Most-Liked Songs Ever
- > God’s Sovereignty Is the Subject of a New Super Bowl Ad