Richard Dawkins Loses Religious Debate
Richard Dawkins—probably the world's most prominent atheist—went head-to-head with the former Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams, to debate the statement: "Religion has no place in the 21st century." Sure, Richard Dawkins. For someone who's so blazingly intelligent, he sure chooses some strange hills to die on. Never one to back down from a challenge, that Richard Dawkins. He took on Williams, and the entire, very interesting debate is on YouTube. A vote taken at the conclusion of the debate ruled overwhelmingly in Williams' favor, with 324 votes disagreeing with the original statement to 136 agreeing. Dawkins' primary argument against religion was its veracity, saying, "It is a betrayal of the intellect, a betrayal of all that's best about what makes us human." Charming sentiments. Check out the whole thing here ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > The 10,000th Syrian Refugee Will Be Brought to America This Week
- > Paul Rudd Hasn’t Aged Since Appearing in This Super Nintendo Commercial in the Early ‘90s
- > This Hilarious Mockumentary Explains Where Thor’s Been During This Whole Civil War Thing
- > You’ve Never Been as Excited About Anything as This Kid Is About Going Back to School
- > The Racketeering Lawsuit Against Mark Driscoll Has Been Dismissed