Responding to Sandy Hook
In light of the Sandy Hook shootings, the National Rifle Association has gone into hibernation on almost every front, including a social media blackout. They even deactivated their Facebook page after some debates got particularly ugly (people on both sides of the debate were threatening to kill each other, obviously). New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg issued a strong challenge to President Barack Obama to make gun control his "number one agenda" of this term. "If he does nothing during his 2nd term, something like 48,000 Americans will be killed with illegal guns," Bloomberg told Meet the Press. "It's time for the president to stand up and lead and tell this country what we should do." In the meantime, blogger Liza Long wrote a hyper-viral piece titled "I Am Adam Lanza's Mother," detailing her experiences as the mother of a mentally ill child, making the case that help for the mentally ill, not gun control, is the solution ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Mediterranean Sea is 3 Times Deadlier for Refugees This Year
- > This Dad Photoshops Real Animals So They Look Like His 6-Year-Old’s Drawings
- > The Trailer for Netflix's 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Is Finally Here
- > Former KKK Leader David Duke Qualifies for Televised Senate Debate at Historically Black University
- > OK, This Is Officially the Creepiest Thing You’ll See All Halloween