Report: A Christian Is Martyred Every 5 Minutes
According to a report from the group Christian Freedom International, every five minutes, a Christian is martyred for their faith somewhere in the world. The group is preparing for the International Day of Prayer on Nov. 8, and has released several infographs (like the one above) that show just how large the problem of Christian persecution has become: More Christians have been killed for their faith in the 20th and 21st centuries than the previous 19 combined. According to their report, right now, more than 200 million Christians face persecution. The group Open Doors has released this global map, showing what countries are the worst offenders of religious persecution.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > The Second Season of 'Jessica Jones' Will Only Have Women Directors
- > An American Missionary Was Kidnapped in Niger Earlier This Month
- > Adnan Syed Could Soon Be Freed on Bail
- > Mel Gibson Tells Joel Osteen that His ‘Passion’ Follow-up Will Be Surprising on a ‘Theological Level’
- > You Can Actually Tell When Your Friends Are Fake Laughing at Your Jokes, Because Science