Report: A Christian Is Martyred Every 5 Minutes
According to a report from the group Christian Freedom International, every five minutes, a Christian is martyred for their faith somewhere in the world. The group is preparing for the International Day of Prayer on Nov. 8, and has released several infographs (like the one above) that show just how large the problem of Christian persecution has become: More Christians have been killed for their faith in the 20th and 21st centuries than the previous 19 combined. According to their report, right now, more than 200 million Christians face persecution. The group Open Doors has released this global map, showing what countries are the worst offenders of religious persecution.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Read This Account of Tim Tebow Praying During an In-Flight Medical Emergency
- > Aziz Ansari: Trump's Anti-Muslim Rhetoric Makes Me Scared for My Family
- > Supreme Court Blocks Texas Regulations on Abortion Clinics
- > Pope Francis: Christians Should Apologize for the Way They Have Treated the Gay Community
- > Here's Jesse William’s Passionate Speech About Injustice at the BET Awards