Report: A Christian Is Martyred Every 5 Minutes
According to a report from the group Christian Freedom International, every five minutes, a Christian is martyred for their faith somewhere in the world. The group is preparing for the International Day of Prayer on Nov. 8, and has released several infographs (like the one above) that show just how large the problem of Christian persecution has become: More Christians have been killed for their faith in the 20th and 21st centuries than the previous 19 combined. According to their report, right now, more than 200 million Christians face persecution. The group Open Doors has released this global map, showing what countries are the worst offenders of religious persecution.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President