Is This the Real Lollapalooza Lineup?
Over the past few weeks, there have been a lot of Lollapalooza fake outs and prank lineups "leaked" to the press. Whoever puts these things together must feel like a real comedy genius when he or she puts "Rebecca Black" as a Lollapalooza headliner to fool the 0.0% of people who buy the joke. That's what's great about April Fools—the ability to take people's natural inclination to trust their fellow man and cruelly turn that on its head for no other reason than your own sadistic pleasure. However, the Chicago Tribune is saying that this lineup may actually be official, and it seems sound enough. The Cure, Mumford & Sons, NIN, the Killers, Vampire Weekend and Phoenix round out the headliners. The National, Postal Service, the Lumineers, Kendrick Lamar and Local Natives are some other notable acts, along with bands like Alt-J, Band of Horses, Cat Power, Haim, Thievery Corporation, Smith Westerns, Yawn, Grizzly Bear, Father John Misty, The Neighborhood, Charles Bradley, Beach House, Wavves, Jessie Ware, Angel Haze, New Order, Major Lazer, Foals, Frightened Rabbit, Tegan & Sara, 2Chainz and Shovels & Rope. It's a promising—if not particularly unexpected—lineup. And if it's a prank, well, to whatever comedic talent so deftly managed to spin his hilarious web of lies over the eyes of thousands, we say: good one. You got us ...
Recommended For You
- > The New Trailer for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Is Just Incredible
- > Stop What You're Doing and Watch These Cocoa Farmers Taste Chocolate for the First Time
- > Allison Williams Will Play Peter Pan in NBC's Next Musical
- > Tender-Hearted Child Learns the Cold Truth About Growing Up
- > A Sitcom about the Life of Jim Gaffigan Is in the Works