Is This the Real Lollapalooza Lineup?
Over the past few weeks, there have been a lot of Lollapalooza fake outs and prank lineups "leaked" to the press. Whoever puts these things together must feel like a real comedy genius when he or she puts "Rebecca Black" as a Lollapalooza headliner to fool the 0.0% of people who buy the joke. That's what's great about April Fools—the ability to take people's natural inclination to trust their fellow man and cruelly turn that on its head for no other reason than your own sadistic pleasure. However, the Chicago Tribune is saying that this lineup may actually be official, and it seems sound enough. The Cure, Mumford & Sons, NIN, the Killers, Vampire Weekend and Phoenix round out the headliners. The National, Postal Service, the Lumineers, Kendrick Lamar and Local Natives are some other notable acts, along with bands like Alt-J, Band of Horses, Cat Power, Haim, Thievery Corporation, Smith Westerns, Yawn, Grizzly Bear, Father John Misty, The Neighborhood, Charles Bradley, Beach House, Wavves, Jessie Ware, Angel Haze, New Order, Major Lazer, Foals, Frightened Rabbit, Tegan & Sara, 2Chainz and Shovels & Rope. It's a promising—if not particularly unexpected—lineup. And if it's a prank, well, to whatever comedic talent so deftly managed to spin his hilarious web of lies over the eyes of thousands, we say: good one. You got us ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- Scientists Are Calling for the Rio Olympics to Be Postponed or Moved Because of Public Health Concerns90
- Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver23
- ‘Boxcar Children' Movies Are in the Works So Millennials Can Relive Their Book Fair Glory Days5,173
- Here’s What Jesus Meant When He Said, “Sell Everything And Give It to the Poor.”410
- > Scientists Are Calling for the Rio Olympics to Be Postponed or Moved Because of Public Health Concerns
- > Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver
- > ‘Boxcar Children' Movies Are in the Works So Millennials Can Relive Their Book Fair Glory Days
- > Science: People Who Are Workaholics Are More Likely to Suffer From Anxiety, Depression and ADHD
- > This Dude Proposed to His Girlfriend with a Custom ‘Super Mario Bros.’ Level