R2-D2 Videobombs ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’
J.J. Abrams is directing films for reboots of both the Star Trek and Star Wars franchises, so it should probably be no surprise that he’s created some crossover visuals. Eagle-eyed viewers have spotted Star Wars’ lovable robot R2-D2 in his latest action epic, Star Trek Into Darkness (which just released on Blu-Ray), and you may actually see more of the droid in future Abrams films. The filmmaker told Yahoo Movies, “R2's really been in all of the movies I've done, really for no other reason than I'm a huge fan, and when I was a kid I realized that R2 was also in Close Encounters." Abrams is referencing the fact that filmmaking icon, Steven Spielberg began hiding images of R2-D2 in movies (like Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Goonies and Transformers) ever since his own sci-fi breakout, 1977’s hit Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Somewhere, Patton Oswalt is smiling …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Here's the Intense Trailer for the New Season of 'Sherlock'
- > Two Earthquakes Rocked Central Italy Within Hours of Each Other
- > 25 Refugees' Bodies Were Found in One Boat in the Mediterranean Sea
- > The Nation Debates: Is This Picture of Bill Murray or Tom Hanks?
- > This ‘Goonies’ Trailer Recut as a Horror Movie Is Terrifying