Puerto Rico Votes to Make it Official
Amidst all the furor of last night's Presidential election, another historic vote took place in the US territory of Puerto Rico. By a 65% margin, Puerto Ricans voted to make their 114-year relationship with the United States official by becoming its fifty-first state. President Barack Obama has said he would support the referendum if there's a clear majority, so the issue will go to Congress next. But if they agree, America will have to make room for another star on its national flag ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Mythbusters Are Going to Test Walt White’s Machine Gun with Vince Gilligan
- > Polygamists in Montana Apply for Marriage License
- > Here’s What It Would Look Like If You Could See All the Asteroids in the Sky
- > Mosque Raises Thousands to Help Vandalized Catholic Church
- > Happy July 4 Weekend, Here’s a Crow Riding a Bald Eagle