Puerto Rico Votes to Make it Official
Amidst all the furor of last night's Presidential election, another historic vote took place in the US territory of Puerto Rico. By a 65% margin, Puerto Ricans voted to make their 114-year relationship with the United States official by becoming its fifty-first state. President Barack Obama has said he would support the referendum if there's a clear majority, so the issue will go to Congress next. But if they agree, America will have to make room for another star on its national flag ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 24,000 Prison Workers Are On Strike And Nobody Is Talking About It
- > Obama to Kaepernick: ‘Listen to the Pain' the Protest May Cause Someone Who's Lost Family in Combat
- > A Teenager Opened Fire On A Children’s Playground Yesterday
- > Man Drops Ring In Baseball Game Proposal In Front Of 35,000 People
- > Elon Musk Wants To Put People On Mars And He Just Might