Puerto Rico Votes to Make it Official
Amidst all the furor of last night's Presidential election, another historic vote took place in the US territory of Puerto Rico. By a 65% margin, Puerto Ricans voted to make their 114-year relationship with the United States official by becoming its fifty-first state. President Barack Obama has said he would support the referendum if there's a clear majority, so the issue will go to Congress next. But if they agree, America will have to make room for another star on its national flag ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Royal Caribbean Wants to Hire Someone to Go on Cruises and Post to Instagram
- > This New ‘Kong: Skull Island’ Trailer Is Bananas
- > Watch Carl Lentz Preach a Mini-Sermon on ‘The Dr. Oz Show'
- > Here’s What Saved Kirk Franklin’s Marriage
- > This Year's Oscars Broke Records for the Number of Black Winners
- > Survey: Teens in America Are Just As Cynical About Politics As Their Parents