Puerto Rico Votes to Make it Official
Amidst all the furor of last night's Presidential election, another historic vote took place in the US territory of Puerto Rico. By a 65% margin, Puerto Ricans voted to make their 114-year relationship with the United States official by becoming its fifty-first state. President Barack Obama has said he would support the referendum if there's a clear majority, so the issue will go to Congress next. But if they agree, America will have to make room for another star on its national flag ...
Recommended For You
- > Meet the Chestnut Praline Latte, Starbucks' First New Drink in 5 Years
- > Amy Poehler's Next Project: A Church-Themed Comedy
- > CDC Says NBC Cameraman Is Now Ebola-Free
- > Renee Zellweger Will Star in a Movie Based on a Book from ‘Heaven Is For Real’ Author
- > American Detained in North Korea for Leaving Bible at Club Has Been Freed