Puerto Rico Votes to Make it Official
Amidst all the furor of last night's Presidential election, another historic vote took place in the US territory of Puerto Rico. By a 65% margin, Puerto Ricans voted to make their 114-year relationship with the United States official by becoming its fifty-first state. President Barack Obama has said he would support the referendum if there's a clear majority, so the issue will go to Congress next. But if they agree, America will have to make room for another star on its national flag ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Nebraska Officially Repeals Death Penalty
- > Advertisers Distance Themselves from ’19 Kids and Counting’ Following Abuse Claims
- > Grumpy Cat Continues Media Takeover with New Graphic Novel
- > UN: World Hunger Down Significantly Since 1990
- > Watch Improv Everywhere Turn Landscapers into Acrobats at NYC Park