Puerto Rico Votes to Make it Official
Amidst all the furor of last night's Presidential election, another historic vote took place in the US territory of Puerto Rico. By a 65% margin, Puerto Ricans voted to make their 114-year relationship with the United States official by becoming its fifty-first state. President Barack Obama has said he would support the referendum if there's a clear majority, so the issue will go to Congress next. But if they agree, America will have to make room for another star on its national flag ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Bryan Cranston Says He'd Play Walt White on ‘Better Call Saul’ If Asked
- > Istanbul Terror Death Toll Rises to 41
- > Suicide Bombers Attacked an Airport in Istanbul, Killing At Least 28
- > JK Rowling Revealed Some of the History of the American Hogwarts
- > Stunning Aerial Photos Show the Differences Between Poverty and Wealth in South Africa