Protests, New Investigations Following Zimmerman Verdict
On Saturday, a jury in Florida found neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman not guilty of the murder of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin. The verdict has sparked numerous, mostly peaceful, protests in cities around the country from supporters of Martin, who believe Zimmerman should be punished for the shooting. Many Zimmerman supporters took to social media to express their belief that the shooting was justified. The Department of Justice has said that it will review the case and determine if Zimmerman is guilty of any civil rights violations, specifically, investigating whether or not racial profiling caused Zimmerman to confront Martin. In a statement, President Obama called for “calm reflection” and asked Americans to “widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities” …
Recommended For You
- > Bryan Cranston’s Faux One Man MLB Show Will Make You Love Baseball
- > Major Companies Agree to Greenhouse Gas Cuts Equivalent to 15 Million Cars Off the Road
- > Bed, Bath and Beyond Is Lying to You
- > No, a Top ISIS Leader Has Not Converted to Christianity.
- > Meet Leonardo DiCaprio, Your New UN Ambassador of Peace.