President Obama Proposes 'Exceptions' for Health Care Mandate
It may come as good news for the faith-based nonprofits and companies who have expressed protest at the health care mandate requiring insurance coverage of contraceptives that may have an abortifacient effect. President Obama announced today that a compromise to the mandate may be in sight. His proposal is to enact measures that will more clearly define religious organizations and their exemption eligibility, while also creating ways to dilute the direct connection between the contraceptive coverage of an employee and the religious organization they work for. Yet this new proposal only applies to faith-based organizations, and individual business owners whose faith conflicts with the mandate—like Hobby Lobby—are still subject to it.
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > The Internet Is Loving Odell Beckham's Amazing Catch
- > Superhero-Loving Girl Is Not Impressed with Store’s Ad about ‘Gifts for Boys’
- > NFL Star Gets Emotional After Scoring Touchdown for Daughter Born Hours Before
- > Report: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Has Been Asked to Resign
- > Apple Launches New RED Campaign to Raise Money for AIDS/HIV Victims