President Obama Proposes 'Exceptions' for Health Care Mandate
It may come as good news for the faith-based nonprofits and companies who have expressed protest at the health care mandate requiring insurance coverage of contraceptives that may have an abortifacient effect. President Obama announced today that a compromise to the mandate may be in sight. His proposal is to enact measures that will more clearly define religious organizations and their exemption eligibility, while also creating ways to dilute the direct connection between the contraceptive coverage of an employee and the religious organization they work for. Yet this new proposal only applies to faith-based organizations, and individual business owners whose faith conflicts with the mandate—like Hobby Lobby—are still subject to it.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Someone Is Claiming Conan O'Brien Stole His Jokes
- > And Now, the World's Largest Balloon Animal
- > Aziz Ansari’s New Sitcom ‘Master of None’ Hits Netflix on Nov. 6
- > Third Undercover Planned Parenthood Video Graphically Discusses ‘Tissue Procurement’ Process
- > Architect Envisions Urban Sleeping Pods for the Homeless