President Obama’s Easter Message: Recommit to Christ's Example
Instead of mentioning any headline-grabbing political issue or international conflict, President Obama used his weekly address to give an Easter and Passover greeting. In the brief message, President Obama said on Easter Sunday, he is reminded of the example of Christ and His commitment to serve others:
As Christians, my family and I remember the incredible sacrifice Jesus made for each and every one of us–how He took on the sins of the world and extended the gift of salvation. And we recommit ourselves to following His example here on Earth. To loving our Lord and Savior. To loving our neighbors. And to seeing everyone, especially ‘the least of these', as a child of God'.
He also said that similar values unite “all faiths” and that all Americans should have a belief that “as part of something bigger than ourselves, we have a shared responsibility to look out for our fellow citizens” …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > Top Theater Chains Cancel Showings of ‘The Interview’ After Hacker Threats
- > Video Shows Just How Much Megatron Hates Selfies
- > The New Season of ‘Parks and Rec’ Will Take Place in the Future
- > Here's the First Preview for the Colbert Show Replacement, 'The Nightly Show'
- > Horrible Details of the Taliban's School Attack Emerge