President Obama’s Easter Message: Recommit to Christ's Example
Instead of mentioning any headline-grabbing political issue or international conflict, President Obama used his weekly address to give an Easter and Passover greeting. In the brief message, President Obama said on Easter Sunday, he is reminded of the example of Christ and His commitment to serve others:
As Christians, my family and I remember the incredible sacrifice Jesus made for each and every one of us–how He took on the sins of the world and extended the gift of salvation. And we recommit ourselves to following His example here on Earth. To loving our Lord and Savior. To loving our neighbors. And to seeing everyone, especially ‘the least of these', as a child of God'.
He also said that similar values unite “all faiths” and that all Americans should have a belief that “as part of something bigger than ourselves, we have a shared responsibility to look out for our fellow citizens” …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Christians Visit Mosque in Chattanooga ‘As a Show of Love’ to Muslim Community
- > Be Inspired By the New Trailer for Will Ferrell’s 'Ferrell Takes the Field'
- > Divers Found 300-year-old Gold Treasure Valued at $1M
- > ‘Key & Peele’ Is Coming to an End
- > NASA Has Released an Incredible Image of the ‘Sombrero Galaxy’