Pope Francis Sneaks Out of the Vatican at Night to Visit with the Homeless, Obviously
Pope Francis may be one of the most well-known people in the world, but that hasn’t prevented him from taking time to minister to those living on the streets. In an interview, a top Vatican archbishop dodged the question as to whether the pope would disguise himself and join in giving alms to the poor in the evenings, saying, “When I say to him ‘I’m going out into the city this evening’, there’s the constant risk that he will come with me.” The Vatican’s Swiss Guards later confirmed to The Huffington Post that “the pope has ventured out at night, dressed as a regular priest, to meet with homeless men and women." It wouldn’t be the first time he’s temporarily left his post to minister to the poor. When he was Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, he was known to leave during the evenings to bring meals to the homeless. Don’t worry. The pope is safe on the streets at night. He is, after all, a former bouncer ...
Recommended For You
- > Ferguson Bakery Owner Raises $250K Online after Store Is Damaged in Riots
- > Here’s Your First Look at the New ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- > Christian Bale: ‘Drones Would Be Sent Out After [Moses]’ Today
- > Here’s NeedtoBreathe Performing During Yesterday’s Thanksgiving Parade
- > At Least 25 Killed in Nigerian Terrorist Bombing; Boko Haram Suspected