Pope Francis to Revolutionize Church Leadership by Setting Up Advisory Panel
In a move that one church historian has called the “most important step in the history of the church for the past 10 centuries", Pope Francis has set up a panel of eight advisors that will help him run the Catholic Church. The members of the group are known for their positions on church reform issues, including a "zero tolerance" policy for sex abuse cases, and a desire for financial oversight at the Vatican bank.
The formation of the panel aligns with recent statements by the newly-elected Pope, which emphasized integrity among church leaders and ending hypocrisy. On Saturday, Pope Francis gave a message in which he said, "Inconsistency on the part of pastors and the faithful between what they say and what they do, between word and manner of life, is undermining the Church's credibility" …
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign