Pope Francis to Revolutionize Church Leadership by Setting Up Advisory Panel
In a move that one church historian has called the “most important step in the history of the church for the past 10 centuries", Pope Francis has set up a panel of eight advisors that will help him run the Catholic Church. The members of the group are known for their positions on church reform issues, including a "zero tolerance" policy for sex abuse cases, and a desire for financial oversight at the Vatican bank.
The formation of the panel aligns with recent statements by the newly-elected Pope, which emphasized integrity among church leaders and ending hypocrisy. On Saturday, Pope Francis gave a message in which he said, "Inconsistency on the part of pastors and the faithful between what they say and what they do, between word and manner of life, is undermining the Church's credibility" …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Watch This Father of the Bride Pull the ‘Ole ‘I Just Dropped the Wedding Cake' Prank
- > Here’s the New Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'
- > Tebow Hit a Homerun on the First Pitch of His Pro Baseball Career
- > Disney Is Remaking ‘The Lion King’ for $ome Rea$on
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'