Pope Francis to Priests: Devote Yourselves to the Poor, Not to Being Church Managers
During a message at the first event of a busy Easter week, newly appointed Pope Francis told priests that their focus shouldn’t be on advancing their own ministry careers or becoming better church managers, but on serving the poor and hurting. Later today, the Pope will break from Vatican tradition and deliver Holy Thursday Mass at a youth prison on the outskirts of Rome, instead of the normal location of St Peter’s Basilica. There, he will wash the feet of 12 young inmates. Pope Francis, known for his humility and emphasis on serving others, made headlines this week when he announced that instead of living at the elaborate palace designated for the pope, would instead be taking up residence at a quiet guesthouse …
Recommended For You
- > The New 'TMNT' Theme Is Single-Handedly Ruining the TMNT
- > Kendrick Lamar Has Recorded a Ton of Songs with Dr. Dre for His New Album
- > Volunteer Gives Supporters a GoPro Tour of a South African Orphanage
- > New ‘Simpsons World’ Website Is a ‘Simpsons’ Fan’s Dream Come True
- > The Release Date Has Been Set for Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice'