Pope Francis to Priests: Devote Yourselves to the Poor, Not to Being Church Managers
During a message at the first event of a busy Easter week, newly appointed Pope Francis told priests that their focus shouldn’t be on advancing their own ministry careers or becoming better church managers, but on serving the poor and hurting. Later today, the Pope will break from Vatican tradition and deliver Holy Thursday Mass at a youth prison on the outskirts of Rome, instead of the normal location of St Peter’s Basilica. There, he will wash the feet of 12 young inmates. Pope Francis, known for his humility and emphasis on serving others, made headlines this week when he announced that instead of living at the elaborate palace designated for the pope, would instead be taking up residence at a quiet guesthouse …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > 'The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt,' Your New Favorite Show, Is Here.
- > Ringling Bros. Circus Will Phase Out Elephants
- > Here's a New Salvation Army Ad Starring the Dress. (Yes, That Dress.)
- > U.S. Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.5%
- > ‘Toy Story 4’ Will Be a ‘Romantic Comedy’ Not a Continuation of the Trilogy