Pope Francis to Priests: Devote Yourselves to the Poor, Not to Being Church Managers
During a message at the first event of a busy Easter week, newly appointed Pope Francis told priests that their focus shouldn’t be on advancing their own ministry careers or becoming better church managers, but on serving the poor and hurting. Later today, the Pope will break from Vatican tradition and deliver Holy Thursday Mass at a youth prison on the outskirts of Rome, instead of the normal location of St Peter’s Basilica. There, he will wash the feet of 12 young inmates. Pope Francis, known for his humility and emphasis on serving others, made headlines this week when he announced that instead of living at the elaborate palace designated for the pope, would instead be taking up residence at a quiet guesthouse …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Watch Yolanda Adams’ Glorious Late-Night Performance
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack
- > Is Coldplay’s Final Album on the Way?
- > Charges Dropped Against Guitar Shredding Hero Arrested for Playing National Anthem on July 4
- > Tragedy: Bodies of Dozens of Migrants Found in Box Truck in Austria