Pope Francis Is Now the Most Popular Person on the Internet
The Pope is officially the most popular person on the entire Internet. According to the latest survey from Global Language Monitor—which calculates mentions on English speaking blogs, social network accounts and news media sites—this year, the leader of the Catholic Church was even more popular than any athlete, politician or celebrity. The former NSA contractor responsible for a now-infamous data leak, Edward Snowden came in second, followed by Kate Middleton, Texas Senator Ted Cruz, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, activist Malala Yousafzai, Chinese leader Xi Jinping, President Obama and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani. Also notable were the two most popular words on the Internet in 2013 so far: “404” (the code for a website failure) and “fail”, which both spiked following the launch of the national healthcare website, government shutdown and other global political debacles ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > KKK Hosts Rally to Support Confederate Flag
- > Oklahoma Supreme Court Orders Ten Commandments Removed
- > Here’s a New Clip from Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’
- > Finally, Someone Put Nicolas Cage’s Face on Every ‘Game of Thrones’ Character
- > Almost 2 Months After Country Was Declared Ebola-Free, an Infected Teen Has Died in Liberia