Pope Francis Is Now the Most Popular Person on the Internet
The Pope is officially the most popular person on the entire Internet. According to the latest survey from Global Language Monitor—which calculates mentions on English speaking blogs, social network accounts and news media sites—this year, the leader of the Catholic Church was even more popular than any athlete, politician or celebrity. The former NSA contractor responsible for a now-infamous data leak, Edward Snowden came in second, followed by Kate Middleton, Texas Senator Ted Cruz, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, activist Malala Yousafzai, Chinese leader Xi Jinping, President Obama and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani. Also notable were the two most popular words on the Internet in 2013 so far: “404” (the code for a website failure) and “fail”, which both spiked following the launch of the national healthcare website, government shutdown and other global political debacles ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > ISIS Is Threatening to Execute 180 Assyrian Christians
- > Watch the 'Leaked' Teaser Trailer for Netflix's 'Daredevil' Season 2
- > This Video of Apollo Space Mission Photos Is the What Your Afternoon Needs
- > Camera Obscura's Carey Lander Died Yesterday, But Not Before Raising £50k for Cancer Research
- > Here's the Trailer for the New Reality Show About Pastor Rich Wilkerson Jr.