Pope Francis to Hold Major Ceremony at a Youth Prison
The newly named pontiff is living up to his nickname, "the unpredictable Pope." Pope Francis surprised Vatican officials when he announced that he would not be holding next week's Holy Thursday service from its normal location of St. Peter's Basilica, and will instead lead the ceremony from a prison for young offenders. There, he will wash the feet of 12 inmates as part of a commemoration of Jesus’ Last Supper with His disciples. Though the pope's decision to hold such an important ceremony from a prison chapel was unexpected by the Vatican, it is in keeping with Pope Francis’ roots in Argentina, where he would regularly wash the feet of AIDS victims and street prostitutes …
Recommended For You
- > The All-Female Ghostbusters Cast Is Here and It Is Perfect
- > Hollywood Wants Chris Pratt to Be the New Indiana Jones, No Duh.
- > You Have to Admit, Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' Does Sound a Lot Like Tom Petty's 'Won't Back Down'
- > Here’s a List of the ‘Best Jobs’ in America
- > Prisoner Exonerations Hit a Record High Last Year