Pope Francis to Hold Major Ceremony at a Youth Prison
The newly named pontiff is living up to his nickname, "the unpredictable Pope." Pope Francis surprised Vatican officials when he announced that he would not be holding next week's Holy Thursday service from its normal location of St. Peter's Basilica, and will instead lead the ceremony from a prison for young offenders. There, he will wash the feet of 12 inmates as part of a commemoration of Jesus’ Last Supper with His disciples. Though the pope's decision to hold such an important ceremony from a prison chapel was unexpected by the Vatican, it is in keeping with Pope Francis’ roots in Argentina, where he would regularly wash the feet of AIDS victims and street prostitutes …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Here Are Some Interactive Apple Watch Sample Apps
- > Rikers Inmates Team Up to Save Guard From Sexual Assault
- > Report: Jennifer Lawrence to Star in Spielberg’s New War Film
- > Here's a Crazy New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer
- > Vince Vaughn’s iStock Photos Will Interject Some Life into Your PowerPoint Presentation