Pope Francis on Gay Priests: 'Who Am I to Judge?'
As you may have heard, Pope Francis sent an electric shock through the world yesterday when he told reporters on his plane that he did not condemn homosexual priests. “If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?” Francis said, according to many media reports. This relative bomb came in the middle of a flurry of them, in which the Pope gave a nearly unprecedented 80-minute tell-all interview aboard the Papal plane. He spoke candidly about his concerns about the Vatican's bank and his wish that women had a greater role in the Catholic Church. His words on gay priests were the jaw-dropper though—a sharp turn from the views of his predecessor, Benedict XVI ...
Recommended For You
- > Explore the Many Personalities of Taylor Swift In This Montage
- > Just When You Thought Your Ears Were Safe, Nickelback Announces a New Album
- > Benedict Cumberbatch Will Play Shere Khan in Other 'Jungle Book' Movie
- > Pope Francis Discusses Health and Possibility of Retirement
- > Gaza Ceasefire Breaks Down