Pope Francis on Gay Priests: 'Who Am I to Judge?'
As you may have heard, Pope Francis sent an electric shock through the world yesterday when he told reporters on his plane that he did not condemn homosexual priests. “If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?” Francis said, according to many media reports. This relative bomb came in the middle of a flurry of them, in which the Pope gave a nearly unprecedented 80-minute tell-all interview aboard the Papal plane. He spoke candidly about his concerns about the Vatican's bank and his wish that women had a greater role in the Catholic Church. His words on gay priests were the jaw-dropper though—a sharp turn from the views of his predecessor, Benedict XVI ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet