Pope Francis on Gay Priests: 'Who Am I to Judge?'
As you may have heard, Pope Francis sent an electric shock through the world yesterday when he told reporters on his plane that he did not condemn homosexual priests. “If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?” Francis said, according to many media reports. This relative bomb came in the middle of a flurry of them, in which the Pope gave a nearly unprecedented 80-minute tell-all interview aboard the Papal plane. He spoke candidly about his concerns about the Vatican's bank and his wish that women had a greater role in the Catholic Church. His words on gay priests were the jaw-dropper though—a sharp turn from the views of his predecessor, Benedict XVI ...
Recommended For You
- > The Perfect Crime: Texting Your Probation Officer for Weed
- > Study: Listening to Music While You Work Makes You More Efficient
- > South Korean KFC’s Version of the Double Down Is Terrifying
- > A Doctor in NYC Has Tested Positive for Ebola
- > NBCUniversal Will Pay Millions to Former Unpaid Interns as Part of Settlement