Pope Francis Biopic Coming Soon
Well that didn’t take long. Pope Francis, who was just appointed to the Papacy back in March, is getting his own biopic. A Priest’s Tale, which will be directed by Argentinain filmmaker Alejandro Agresti (The Lake House) and shot in Pope Francis’ native Argentina, tells the story of Jorge Mario Bergoglio—the child who would later become the leader of the Catholic Church. Not only has Pope Francis' humble style of leadership captured the interest of the global media, he's also the first Jesuit pope and the first from the southern hemisphere. According to Variety, the film will be a non-linear narrative, with flashbacks and looks forwards as Bergoglio travels to the Vatican following the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI. The Motorcycle Diaries’ star Rodrigo de la Serna is in talks to star as the future Pope …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch This Father of the Bride Pull the ‘Ole ‘I Just Dropped the Wedding Cake' Prank
- > Here’s the New Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'
- > Tebow Hit a Homerun on the First Pitch of His Pro Baseball Career
- > Disney Is Remaking ‘The Lion King’ for $ome Rea$on
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'