Pope Forgoes Luxury Cars, Shows Up in Ford Focus
Last week, Pope Francis made headlines when he told ministers that they should reject materialism and not drive fancy cars. While meeting with a group of priests and nuns in training, he said, “A car is necessary to do a lot of work, but please, choose a more humble one. If you like the fancy one, just think about how many children are dying of hunger in the world.” Now, the Pope is driving what he preaches. When he arrived at the papal summer home this week, he was riding in a Ford Focus. By contrast, Pope Benedict XVI was known to be driven around in custom-made luxury cars including a Mercedes and a BMW X5 …
Recommended For You
- > Report: Apple May Be Prepping a Jumbo-Sized iPad
- > Malcolm Gladwell’s Medical TV Thriller Has Been Purchased by Fox
- > Is ‘Full House’ About to Make a Comeback?
- > ‘Indefinite’ Ceasefire Puts an End to Weeks of Fighting in Gaza
- > Superman and Lois Lane Just Did the Ice Bucket Challenge So Let's Call It a Day