Pope Forgoes Luxury Cars, Shows Up in Ford Focus
Last week, Pope Francis made headlines when he told ministers that they should reject materialism and not drive fancy cars. While meeting with a group of priests and nuns in training, he said, “A car is necessary to do a lot of work, but please, choose a more humble one. If you like the fancy one, just think about how many children are dying of hunger in the world.” Now, the Pope is driving what he preaches. When he arrived at the papal summer home this week, he was riding in a Ford Focus. By contrast, Pope Benedict XVI was known to be driven around in custom-made luxury cars including a Mercedes and a BMW X5 …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?