Pope Forgoes Luxury Cars, Shows Up in Ford Focus
Last week, Pope Francis made headlines when he told ministers that they should reject materialism and not drive fancy cars. While meeting with a group of priests and nuns in training, he said, “A car is necessary to do a lot of work, but please, choose a more humble one. If you like the fancy one, just think about how many children are dying of hunger in the world.” Now, the Pope is driving what he preaches. When he arrived at the papal summer home this week, he was riding in a Ford Focus. By contrast, Pope Benedict XVI was known to be driven around in custom-made luxury cars including a Mercedes and a BMW X5 …
Recommended For You
- > John C. Reilly Unveils Incredible 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Clip
- > Richard Dawkins Reminds Everyone That Some Rapes Are Worse Than Others
- > Stephen Colbert Had Some Very Nice Things to Say about ‘The Hobbit’ Movies
- > Why Won’t These Walmart Ice Cream Sandwiches Melt?
- > Spoon’s Upcoming Album Is Streaming Right Now on iTunes