Pope Forgoes Luxury Cars, Shows Up in Ford Focus
Last week, Pope Francis made headlines when he told ministers that they should reject materialism and not drive fancy cars. While meeting with a group of priests and nuns in training, he said, “A car is necessary to do a lot of work, but please, choose a more humble one. If you like the fancy one, just think about how many children are dying of hunger in the world.” Now, the Pope is driving what he preaches. When he arrived at the papal summer home this week, he was riding in a Ford Focus. By contrast, Pope Benedict XVI was known to be driven around in custom-made luxury cars including a Mercedes and a BMW X5 …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Diplomats Working Toward Temporary Cease-Fire in Syria
- > Here's the First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime Show 'Roadies'
- > Two Teens in Arizona Were Killed in (Yet Another) School Shooting
- > Jimmy Fallon Interviews Peyton Manning...Or Is It?
- > A 10-Year ‘Friday Night Lights’ Reunion Is in the Works