Pope: The Church Should Not Go Forward with the Heart of a Businessman
In a message this week, Pope Francis said the Catholic Church should not seek to gain wealth and needs to go forward “with a heart of poverty, not a heart of investment or of a businessman.” The message comes as he introduces new cost-cutting measures to church offices and has encouraged reforms at the Vatican Bank. He said, "Saint Peter did not have a bank account and when he had to pay taxes, the Lord sent him to sea to fish a fish with a coin inside in order to pay" …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Here's the First Trailer for Clint Eastwood's Film About the 'Miracle on the Hudson'
- > Apple Just Patented Technology That Could Disable Your Camera at Concerts
- > 71% of Americans Believe the Economy Is Rigged
- > Andrews Air Force Base Was on Lockdown Early Today Because of an Active Shooter
- > Human Rights Lawyer for International Justice Mission Has Been Abducted in Kenya