Pope: The Church Should Not Go Forward with the Heart of a Businessman
In a message this week, Pope Francis said the Catholic Church should not seek to gain wealth and needs to go forward “with a heart of poverty, not a heart of investment or of a businessman.” The message comes as he introduces new cost-cutting measures to church offices and has encouraged reforms at the Vatican Bank. He said, "Saint Peter did not have a bank account and when he had to pay taxes, the Lord sent him to sea to fish a fish with a coin inside in order to pay" …
Recommended For You
- > Here's That Bacon Flavored Cream Cheese You Never Asked For
- > President of Liberia Issues Open Letter Begging for Help in the Fight Against Ebola
- > Classic Movie Scenes Recreated With Legos Because Why Not?
- > Nigeria's Kidnapped Schoolgirls Will Finally Be Released
- > The Black Keys Are Not Into U2's iTunes Giveaway