Pope: The Church Should Not Go Forward with the Heart of a Businessman
In a message this week, Pope Francis said the Catholic Church should not seek to gain wealth and needs to go forward “with a heart of poverty, not a heart of investment or of a businessman.” The message comes as he introduces new cost-cutting measures to church offices and has encouraged reforms at the Vatican Bank. He said, "Saint Peter did not have a bank account and when he had to pay taxes, the Lord sent him to sea to fish a fish with a coin inside in order to pay" …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today