Pope Cancels Bonuses for Vatican Officials; Makes Charitable Donation
Newly elected Pope Francis, who has become known for his emphasis on financial humility, has now canceled bonuses for Vatican officials. Traditionally, select members of Vatican leadership receive bonus checks when a new Pope is elected—this year, they were due to get about $2,000 apiece. Instead of the bonuses, the Pope has told officials to draw funds from his personal charity budget, and make a donation to several charitable organizations. According to a Vatican spokesperson, the move is “a sign of the church’s attention for the many people who are suffering” …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > McDonald’s May Start Serving Breakfast Around the Clock. The Revolution Begins.
- > A Lot of Artists Seem to Be Excited About Jay-Z’s Streaming Music Service, Tidal
- > Several Music Festivals Are Wisely Banning Selfie Sticks
- > Here’s the Latest Look at ‘Jurassic World’
- > The First Teaser for the New 007 Movie ‘Spectre’ Has Been Released