Pope Cancels Bonuses for Vatican Officials; Makes Charitable Donation
Newly elected Pope Francis, who has become known for his emphasis on financial humility, has now canceled bonuses for Vatican officials. Traditionally, select members of Vatican leadership receive bonus checks when a new Pope is elected—this year, they were due to get about $2,000 apiece. Instead of the bonuses, the Pope has told officials to draw funds from his personal charity budget, and make a donation to several charitable organizations. According to a Vatican spokesperson, the move is “a sign of the church’s attention for the many people who are suffering” …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > The Presidential Debate Will Be Streaming Tonight for All Cord Cutters
- > This Trailer for ‘The 13th’ Will Make You Rethink What You Know About Mass Incarceration
- > Martin Scorsese’s Missionary Film ‘Silence’ Will Release in December
- > Even the Guy In Charge of DC Movies Doesn’t Like Them
- > Tim Tebow On Colin Kaepernick's Protests: It's About Doing It 'the Right Way'