Pope Cancels Bonuses for Vatican Officials; Makes Charitable Donation
Newly elected Pope Francis, who has become known for his emphasis on financial humility, has now canceled bonuses for Vatican officials. Traditionally, select members of Vatican leadership receive bonus checks when a new Pope is elected—this year, they were due to get about $2,000 apiece. Instead of the bonuses, the Pope has told officials to draw funds from his personal charity budget, and make a donation to several charitable organizations. According to a Vatican spokesperson, the move is “a sign of the church’s attention for the many people who are suffering” …
Recommended For You
- > Steve Carell Is Teaming Up with Charlie Kaufman for a New Sci-Fi Comedy
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > New Zealand Air’s Hobbit-Themed Safety Video Is a Middle Earth Masterpiece
- > Matthew McConaughey's Marriage Advice Actually Isn't Half Bad
- > This Is What a ‘Parks and Rec’ Themed Wedding Looks Like