Poll: Religion Is Losing Its Influence
According to a new Gallup survey, 77% of Americans believe religion is losing its influence in the country. That’s the highest percentage in more than 40 years. But, also according to the findings, about the same percentage of Americans believe the decline in religious influence is a bad thing for society. Frank Newport, Gallup’s editor in chief clarified the findings, saying the numbers are not a reflection of the personal religious habits of Americans (like church attendance), but show how events and social trends create larger, shared worldviews. He said the idea of America being less influenced by religion is definitely a commonly held perception. “It may be happening, but Americans don't like it. It is clear that a lot of Americans don't think this is a good state of affairs" …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal