The Police Shot an Unarmed Man In His Car Outside His House
Roy Middleton was returning home from work on Saturday and swung by his car to grab some cigarettes when a neighbor who didn't recognize him called the police to report a burglary. When deputies showed up, they ordered Middleton to back out of the car with his hands up. He complied, he says, and turned to face the police, and that's when things sort of went off the rails. ""It was like a firing squad," he told reporters from the hospital, where he's being treated for wounds. "Bullets were flying everywhere."
Seven shots, to be exact. Five hit the car, one hit his home where his mother was sleeping and the final one lodged in Middleton's leg. The Florida (oh yeah, this happened in Florida, by the way) Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the event, but the sole witness to the night's events confirms Middleton's version of what happened. Just another reminder to be careful out there ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Royal Caribbean Wants to Hire Someone to Go on Cruises and Post to Instagram
- > An 8-Year-Old Refugee Comforted a Dog Hit by a Car Until He Could Get Help
- > Jewish Community Centers and Schools Across the Country Received Bomb Threats Today
- > This New ‘Kong: Skull Island’ Trailer Is Bananas
- > Watch Carl Lentz Preach a Mini-Sermon on ‘The Dr. Oz Show'
- > Here’s What Saved Kirk Franklin’s Marriage