Please No: ‘Selfie’ Is Named Word of the Year
Oxford Dictionaries have named “Selfie” the official word of the year for 2013. According to the language gurus at the English dictionary authority, use of the term, which is defined as “a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website” increased by an astounding 17,000%. Evidentially, not only do we love taking photos of ourselves, we also apparently love talking about taking photos of ourselves …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Southern Baptists Urge President Obama to Act on ISIS
- > Yep. Mumford's New Album Will Be All Electric.
- > The Perfect Crime: Thief Knocks Himself Out Trying to Break Into Car
- > Icing-Filled Cap’n Crunch-Covered Donut Holes Are Being Sold at Taco Bell
- > Kanye's New Album Will Be Called ‘So Help Me God’