Please No: ‘Selfie’ Is Named Word of the Year
Oxford Dictionaries have named “Selfie” the official word of the year for 2013. According to the language gurus at the English dictionary authority, use of the term, which is defined as “a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website” increased by an astounding 17,000%. Evidentially, not only do we love taking photos of ourselves, we also apparently love talking about taking photos of ourselves …
Recommended For You
- > John C. Reilly Unveils Incredible 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Clip
- > Richard Dawkins Reminds Everyone That Some Rapes Are Worse Than Others
- > Stephen Colbert Had Some Very Nice Things to Say about ‘The Hobbit’ Movies
- > Why Won’t These Walmart Ice Cream Sandwiches Melt?
- > Spoon’s Upcoming Album Is Streaming Right Now on iTunes