Please No: ‘Selfie’ Is Named Word of the Year
Oxford Dictionaries have named “Selfie” the official word of the year for 2013. According to the language gurus at the English dictionary authority, use of the term, which is defined as “a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website” increased by an astounding 17,000%. Evidentially, not only do we love taking photos of ourselves, we also apparently love talking about taking photos of ourselves …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?