Please No: ‘Selfie’ Is Named Word of the Year
Oxford Dictionaries have named “Selfie” the official word of the year for 2013. According to the language gurus at the English dictionary authority, use of the term, which is defined as “a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website” increased by an astounding 17,000%. Evidentially, not only do we love taking photos of ourselves, we also apparently love talking about taking photos of ourselves …
Recommended For You
- > The 'God's Not Dead' Sequel You've Always Wanted Is Finally Happening
- > The World Is a Vampire: Scientist Encounters 'Puppy-Sized' Spider
- > Will Idaho Pastors Be Forced to Conduct Same-Sex Weddings?
- > Another Charming Visit From Marcel the Shell With Shoes On.
- > Catholic Bishop Summit Ends Without Revised Stance on Same-Sex Couples