Playing in the NFL Triples Your Risk for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
Are you in the NFL? If so, thanks for reading, but please be careful. New studies are showing that spending your waking life getting your brain smashed into pancake batter has some adverse effects, like tripling your risk for neurological diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Some recent changes to rules regarding contact and tackling in the NFL look to address those problems head-on, so to speak, but researchers stressed there could be any number of factors linking neurodegeneration and football, and they might not necessarily be related to tackles. The NFL responded by announcing plans to donate $30 million to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health to address these issues, so hopefully more answers will be discovered soon ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Why I Go To Church Even When I Don’t Feel Like It
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers
- > Candace Cameron Bure Is the Newest Co-Host of ‘The View’
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack