Playing in the NFL Triples Your Risk for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
Are you in the NFL? If so, thanks for reading, but please be careful. New studies are showing that spending your waking life getting your brain smashed into pancake batter has some adverse effects, like tripling your risk for neurological diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Some recent changes to rules regarding contact and tackling in the NFL look to address those problems head-on, so to speak, but researchers stressed there could be any number of factors linking neurodegeneration and football, and they might not necessarily be related to tackles. The NFL responded by announcing plans to donate $30 million to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health to address these issues, so hopefully more answers will be discovered soon ...
Recommended For You
- > 'Independence Day 2' Is Real and It Is Happening
- > Here's a Beautiful Song From Joy Williams and Hayley Williams
- > Darren Wilson Tells ABC News ‘I Did My Job Right’
- > HBO Hired a Ton of Lawyers to Look at Its New Scientology Documentary
- > A Young Chris Pratt Actually Predicted that He Would One Day Star in ‘Jurassic World’