Playing in the NFL Triples Your Risk for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
Are you in the NFL? If so, thanks for reading, but please be careful. New studies are showing that spending your waking life getting your brain smashed into pancake batter has some adverse effects, like tripling your risk for neurological diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Some recent changes to rules regarding contact and tackling in the NFL look to address those problems head-on, so to speak, but researchers stressed there could be any number of factors linking neurodegeneration and football, and they might not necessarily be related to tackles. The NFL responded by announcing plans to donate $30 million to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health to address these issues, so hopefully more answers will be discovered soon ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > This Hilarious Mockumentary Explains Where Thor’s Been During This Whole Civil War Thing
- > You’ve Never Been as Excited About Anything as This Kid Is About Going Back to School
- > The Racketeering Lawsuit Against Mark Driscoll Has Been Dismissed
- > A '20/20' Special Will Look at an American Hostage Captured By ISIS for Her Christian Faith
- > 28 More Companies Sign White House Pledge to Close Gender Wage Gap