Picture of Coffee Stand Employees Praying with Customer Goes Viral
A photo of a woman in a drive-through coffee stand is going viral, but not for the reason you might think. The photo shows three of the coffee stand's employees reaching out of the window to hold hands and pray with a grieving customer. When the woman pulled up to the window, one the workers noticed she was in tears. "She's like, 'She's just having a really bad day. Her husband passed.' And as soon as she said that, I was like, 'There's nothing more you need to say. We got this. We're going to do what we do every time we get someone who’s in pain or hurt. We're going to give them our love,'" said one of the employees pictured. They offered the customer a free drink, then proceeded to join hands and pray with her, not knowing a customer in the next car back snapped a photo. Barbara Danner said she was in line at the Dutch Bros. stand on 138th Avenue in Vancouver on Saturday when she noticed the interaction between the baristas and the customer. She shared her photo on the Dutch Bros. Facebook page, where others quickly started re-sharing it.
The photo apparently caught the store owner Jessica Chudek by surprise. "I thought, 'That's great our company does that and we can show love out the window that way.' I started studying it a little more and I said, 'Wait, that's Evan and Pierce! That's my stand, those are my kids!' So it just brought me to tears right then," she said.
"If every single person did an act of kindness or just had smile on their face, the world would be a completely different place," said one of the employees.
Recommended For You
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Turkish Nightclub Attack Suspect Has Ties to ISIS
- > The Obamas Donated Their Old Swing Set and Then Surprised the Kids Who Got It
- > Noor Salman, Wife of Pulse Massacre Shooter, Is Arrested and Charged; Faces Life Sentence
- > Researchers Have Found a Way to Create Phones With Built-In Fire Extinguishers
- > Women's March Removes Pro-Life Group As Partner