Paul McCartney to Replace Kurt Cobain in Nirvana Reunion—Wait, What?
Tonight, the Rolling Stones, Jon Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Kanye West and others are going to play 12.12.12, a benefit concert in New York for Hurricane Sandy relief. And they're going to be joined by Nirvana, featuring a brand-new frontman in Paul McCartney, because the world is a confusing place full of mysteries and every day keeps you guessing as to what new wonders you'll discover. Cobain, of course, is known as the gravelly voiced, emotionally troubled musical genius who brought alternative rock to the masses. McCartney is, well, he's pretty well-known too. But the announcement that Dave Grohl and bassist Krist Novoselic would be playing together again for the first time in 20 years with a former Beatle as their frontman is a late candidate for the biggest "huh?" of 2012 ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President